Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

did anyone pick up where Amleth's OG kingdom was supposed to be? I googled "Hrafnsey" and I'm just getting a town in Iceland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

regarding the slaves, yeah-they probably die of starvation and exposure, but if you remember the early scene, the freemen expect them all to die over winter anyway. Being slaves in fjolnir’s estate didn’t provide them any sort of meaningful protection, and they were expected to die of exposure as-is, so burning the longhouse down wasn’t really self destructive so much as a last bit of catharsis.

I recommend reading Independent People by Halldor Laxness if you're curious just how much it loving sucked to live in Iceland for pretty much the past one thousand years (also if you're in the mood for a genuinely fantastic book)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Hot Rod