Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Drunkboxer posted:

I feel like they cut that simply to deny Dafoe an Oscar out of spite. It’s the only reason I can think of to cut something like that

Eventually he's gonna have to receive some kind of award for fart-based acting, he's the GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
First Reformed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As has been remarked by others, all of Eggers' films contend with the fact that people from different social contexts have totally alien moral frameworks from us, and their internal morality is completely subordinate to their material circumstances and upbringing.

Until pretty recently if you conquered a village it would be assumed that all the inhabitants automatically became your chattel to dispose of as you wished. The past is an alien country.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Extra row of tits posted:

I liked the bits where the grown men pretended they were dogs.

You never know when a latent furry kink will reveal itself