Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Blood Boils posted:

I mean it's a revenge story, so that kinda comes with the territory.

It's def a bit weird to complain about the lack of poc when the previous 2 were super white. Like sure, judge by some standard of representation (or tokenism) but at least be consistent with it!

The Lighthouse, more like the WHITE house! Am I right folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

checkplease posted:

I think the supernatural is reality for this movie. You could interpret the birds really just being Olga returning and freeing Amleth. But I see no reason to assume mean viking gods are not just messing with the lives of humans like Greek tales or the devil in the witch. There’s also that scene of Amleth and the fox (?) howling and making all the other dogs insane.

Yeah I thought this treated the supernatural in the same way as the VVitch in that it definitely exists in this world but can still be interpreted ambiguously a lot of the time.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Who doesn't?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Pioneer42 posted:

This is basically the same experience I had a few years ago when 2001: A Space Odyssey had its special 50th anniversary release.

I saw 2001 twice that week since it was in Imax and the theatre was nearly deserted both times, which was great because I could discreetly hit my weed vape during the intermission