Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

conan is a great movie though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Memnaelar posted:

The movie goes to great lengths to describe Iceland as a barren place and I believe there's even a line in the movie where one of the guards comments on the futility of running away in that climate, although admittedly he has every reason to try and keep the slaves docile. I think it's a pretty long shot to assume many of them will survive a year in that environment, but hey, at least they have a shot, I suppose. I think the movie's pretty ambivalent about anything that happens to a slave that isn't one of our leads otherwise, hence why I hesitate to call this a "good" Amleth perpetuates. Like most of the rest of the film, it leaves us to draw our own conclusions, I guess. Spartacus, it ain't.

uh, you do know what happens at the end of the servile war right

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Memnaelar posted:

Bud, if you can't see the difference between Amleth's intentions and Spartacus's, regardless of the result, I don't know what to tell you.

I misunderstood what you wrote, I thought you were comparing the doomed slave escape to the servile rebellions not Amleth’s motivations and those of Spartacus. I certainly don’t think Amleth is any kind of revolutionary

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

drat they named their kid dumbass?