Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a baby snek update for people who were following the saga in YouTube chat. For those that were not, I had a very sick baby snake who comes out and watches the stream at night. His last people didn’t understand what regurgitation was, and that you need to let them recover or they regurgitate again and again.

He has kept down two meals so far and the news is that tonight for the first time in his life he struck at his food and snatched it from me, then begged for seconds which he can’t have yet - if this stays down we can move up a size next week .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

learnincurve posted:

I have a baby snek update for people who were following the saga in YouTube chat. For those that were not, I had a very sick baby snake who comes out and watches the stream at night. His last people didn’t understand what regurgitation was, and that you need to let them recover or they regurgitate again and again.

He has kept down two meals so far and the news is that tonight for the first time in his life he struck at his food and snatched it from me, then begged for seconds which he can’t have yet - if this stays down we can move up a size next week .

I'm glad he's on the road to improvement! And it's so cute that he watches chickam :3:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

learnincurve posted:

buy the snek an account imo

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Where are the snek photos

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Agreed. Plz post baby snek pics.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Glad to hear that the snek is doing better, but please help ensure they don't get exploding noodle syndrome.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Apricot made it to the top of the flamingo lamp tonight....

Only a matter of time now before one of them accidentally flies/jumps out of the box and hollers for help.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Let's all take a moment to appreciate Lu Bu's weirdly long neck and emu like vibe

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

And her little tail feathers! :kimchi:

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Only a matter of time now before one of them accidentally flies/jumps out of the box and hollers for help.

:toot:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

devicenull posted:

Where are the snek photos

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have problems with taking nice pictures of him because he cannot be touched in case he regurgitates out of a frighten but I do have him watching chickam and his original baby glamour shots - he’s got longer but still noodle

Hi my name is Megatron.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Megatron is such a sweet looking little snake. Hope he continues to improve!

Bu Lu is being weird and making me proud :kimchi:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Great now you have me rooting about our chicken gang and a baby snek, I won't have time to do anything anymore :shobon:

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What kind of snek is Megatron?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

kaom posted:

And her little tail feathers! :kimchi:

:toot:

I know, those little stub tails kill me :kimchi:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

dervinosdoom posted:

What kind of snek is Megatron?

Heinz 57 corn snake, born September 1st, he’s super long for his age so when he stops being a odd rectangle noodle he should be a long chonky boy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I always love those moments, seeing chicks progress from tiny fluffballs to little birds who can actually start being really mobile.

learnincurve posted:

Hi my name is Megatron.

Thread delivers in more unexpected ways :3:

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

learnincurve posted:

Heinz 57 corn snake, born September 1st, he’s super long for his age so when he stops being a odd rectangle noodle he should be a long chonky boy.

A handsome lad!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

I have problems with taking nice pictures of him because he cannot be touched in case he regurgitates out of a frighten but I do have him watching chickam and his original baby glamour shots - he’s got longer but still noodle

Hi my name is Megatron.

Snakes are adorable and I’ll fight anybody who says otherwise.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Snakes are cute, chickens are cute, both snakes and chickens are reptiles.

What I'm saying is reptiles are cute.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Don't put a snake with the baby chickens. I'm pretty sure it'd eat them, or at least the eggs.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
And then when the chickens grow, they might eat the snake. It's the circle of life! (that you don't want to happen with your pets)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pixaal posted:

Don't put a snake with the baby chickens. I'm pretty sure it'd eat them, or at least the eggs.

ok we need some sort of chickcam based size reference and my fingers look exactly like food....

In conclusion, Arson could definitely take him in a fight.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If you’ve watched the chicks descend upon a corn cob like a pack of wolves then you know who would win that fight.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno about baby chicks, but one time a fairly skinny snake wandered into our coop and all the chickens were like "HELL YEAH FOOD TIME :getin:" and ran around after it until it slipped back out through one of the chicken wire holes.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
My cat, who rarely watches anything on screens, stole my chair and was utterly engrossed by the chicks for about 10 minutes until I told her it was time for cat food.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Boomtastic made it on top of the corn! :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

KariOhki posted:

My cat, who rarely watches anything on screens, stole my chair and was utterly engrossed by the chicks for about 10 minutes until I told her it was time for cat food.

Aww :3:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Lu Bu's weird way of sleeping will never not be funny to me.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

^^^ Jinx! Buy me a Coke!

Baby Nope Noodle is SO CUTE.

And yeah, a small snake is total chicken food. Larger ones aren't a danger to adults but will get their rear end kicked getting themselves an egg dinner.

Also, Bu Lu was the victim of an unfortunate Nap Crash:

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 5, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

careful with nails on the screen, lost a monitor to that, cat extended claw and busted a spot of pixels. If you can make it a no touch zone it might save a headache.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pixaal posted:

careful with nails on the screen, lost a monitor to that, cat extended claw and busted a spot of pixels. If you can make it a no touch zone it might save a headache.

Oh no, for real, it's so frustrating when animals animal and break something nice, my dogs are just incredibly dumb, and the king and queens of knocking things off stuff, so I feel you.

On a scale of Border collie to potato, my dogs are chips.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

pixaal posted:

Shouldn't be a problem as it's an extreme rarity that she gets in the chair or even looks at/interacts with the screen. She also knows "no, get down" for when she's naughty.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

:same:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
this new iphone has a night camera mode

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Velvet Sparrow posted:

^^^ Jinx! Buy me a Coke!

Baby Nope Noodle is SO CUTE.

And yeah, a small snake is total chicken food. Larger ones aren't a danger to adults but will get their rear end kicked getting themselves an egg dinner.

Also, Bu Lu was the vitim of an unfortunate Nap Crash:

lmao Bu Lu you special child

readingatwork posted:

Lu Bu's weird way of sleeping will never not be funny to me.

It's Bu Lu! :eng101: Lu Bu will someday be named and will inevitably be an amazing hen but for now we're stuck with her gravity-challenged cousin.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

Oh no, for real, it's so frustrating when animals animal and break something nice, my dogs are just incredibly dumb, and the king and queens of knocking things off stuff, so I feel you.

On a scale of Border collie to potato, my dogs are chips.

Used to have a Lab that only seemed to lose control of her tail and knock stuff off the table when there were beer bottles on it, for some reason. We didn't have carpet so she'd usually have the spill cleaned up before you could get a rag.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

lmao Bu Lu you special child

It's Bu Lu! :eng101: Lu Bu will someday be named and will inevitably be an amazing hen but for now we're stuck with her gravity-challenged cousin.

How did my brain do that one!? :doh:

Anyways I have no idea what this one (I think it's Bombastic?) is doing here but they're having a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

They're growing up so fast!