Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I have an immediate family member with schizophrenia, though not as severe as this gentleman's. I've suffered from irrational paranoia and other schizophrenia-typical symptoms (such as thought broadcasting) at various times in my life. I worry a lot that those genes may one day crop up in me in a more severe, permanent form, if they haven't already, especially if I have an eventual bad reaction to some sort of drug (of which I have had many and continue to try many in an attempt to treat my other mental/physical illnesses), because that is a known trigger. I think schizophrenia isn't something to be taken lightly and that his problems are very sad and I hope he somehow manages to get the lasting, effective help he deserves. It is by the grace of God none of us are in his shoes.

All that said, the filings are funny as gently caress out of context and especially the gangtag's highlighted part. I think you can carry the knowledge of both "paranoid schizophrenia is an awful experience that is very difficult to treat and America's mental healthcare system and welfare safety nets profoundly fail a sizable amount of people" and "it is objectively funny to say something like 'Almost every result is buffalowildwings.com' in a lawsuit against The Entirety Of Google". I hope people can understand that, and not assume everyone having a giggle is a neurotypical mocking the mentally ill for kicks.

Also, I love to support a good cause. I would like this tag. Please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU