Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how much do you owe vs. how many chili dogs could you buy?
This is important

Many tens of thousands. Wait are we talking bulk prices ingredients or premade store bought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Many tens of thousands. Wait are we talking bulk prices ingredients or premade store bought?

Break it down to how much you owe VS how many chili dogs you can buy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Have your chili dogs spayed and neutered

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Break it down to how much you owe VS how many chili dogs you can buy

Look I'm doing my taxes so close to the due date you think I'm going to do extra work?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Look I'm doing my taxes so close to the due date you think I'm going to do extra work?

not much. when your done, take that number, and either buy chilidogs or tell me how many chilidogs you owe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the trick i do is i file my taxes and use fake numbers so i always get a big refund to buy more processed meats

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

the trick i do is i file my taxes and use fake numbers so i always get a big refund to buy more processed meats

Odd strategy. I transfer the account info and then Turbo Tax is like HEY HEY ARE YOU SURE THESE NUMBERS ARE RIGHT and I'm like why the gently caress would they be wrong, oh you just want me to check so that you have less legal liability. I did once forget to transfer the information from a couple accounts and it took the government it's sweet time to tell me ohhhh yeah give us our money. Like if you know I OWE THAT MONEY WHY THE gently caress DONT YOU JUST TELL ME WHY THE gently caress DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS WORK WHEN I COULD BE MACKIN ON SOME CHILI DOGS.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

having worked for a company that developed tax software that created forms and did e-filing for things not on the consumer side of the products, I can tell you that unless you make pretty decent earnings or are making wildly bizarre claims that completely change entirely from year to year the chance that the IRS audits you is slim to none.

It's more random than it used to be though, because I'd heard that at one point in time they quite literally simply did not audit tax payers in certain brackets since it costs them more just to do paperwork and followups than it does to recover X amount of taxes owed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Odd strategy. I transfer the account info and then Turbo Tax is like HEY HEY ARE YOU SURE THESE NUMBERS ARE RIGHT and I'm like why the gently caress would they be wrong, oh you just want me to check so that you have less legal liability. I did once forget to transfer the information from a couple accounts and it took the government it's sweet time to tell me ohhhh yeah give us our money. Like if you know I OWE THAT MONEY WHY THE gently caress DONT YOU JUST TELL ME WHY THE gently caress DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS WORK WHEN I COULD BE MACKIN ON SOME CHILI DOGS.

because unless you owe them mid-five figures or more they don't actually give a poo poo that you even pay them.
most times if you owe them back taxes and wait until they get to the 'uh actually you need to send that money I guess' part and call them they'll basically say 'just send what you can' and write the rest off. They don't loving care. They care about huge debtors and companies that owe more money than god to them. Not Johnny Small Dick who forgot to file something the right way and needs to cough up $386.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i keep track of all the fake numbers i've used for the past 7 years in case i get audited

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

because unless you owe them mid-five figures or more they don't actually give a poo poo that you even pay them.
most times if you owe them back taxes and wait until they get to the 'uh actually you need to send that money I guess' part and call them they'll basically say 'just send what you can' and write the rest off. They don't loving care. They care about huge debtors and companies that owe more money than god to them. Not Johnny Small Dick who forgot to file something the right way and needs to cough up $386.

My issue is that they could just tell me what I owe and I'd just pay it. Instead it's I figure out what I owe, then pay it, if I made a mistake they'll tell me. Seems like unnecessary work to me. I understand though Turbo Tax and it's lobbyists need money and that's why we can't just have the government telling use what we owe.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

My issue is that they could just tell me what I owe and I'd just pay it. Instead it's I figure out what I owe, then pay it, if I made a mistake they'll tell me. Seems like unnecessary work to me. I understand though Turbo Tax and it's lobbyists need money and that's why we can't just have the government telling use what we owe.

If you fill out the forms manually it does straight up tell you on them what you'll be getting back, as in, at the end of the 1040 or 1040EZ you work out the addition and subtractions and poo poo and whatever number it poops out into the box is what your check or balance is.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the one that inevitably throws me for a loop is 1116 for claiming a foreign tax credit. everything else i can put into turbotax or taxact and get the exact same answer, but as soon as i add a foreign tax credit they diverge and i don't know which is right, but i've read the actual 1116 form and explanation on irs.gov and i'm confident that they don't actually know how it works either.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Ok look at it like this. If you pay your taxes, do you think they're going to stop asking for more in the future? No? I think we both know it's fukken wurst time son.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

$4.20 is a fair price for a chili dog.

i'll allow it

op we have the price, now for the next pieces of the equation

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If you spend your tax money on chili dogs the IRS is legally required to accept the chili dogs as payment, regardless of the condition they are in. Eat the dogs and bag up any poop for the next 24 hours and submit a form 420-69 with the poop bags and receipts for the chili dogs and you're in the clear.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Pro tip: Be super rich and then you don't have to care about taxes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

If you fill out the forms manually it does straight up tell you on them what you'll be getting back, as in, at the end of the 1040 or 1040EZ you work out the addition and subtractions and poo poo and whatever number it poops out into the box is what your check or balance is.

Imagine a world where you get a letter "hey Duck and Cover you owe us x given these reasons, if you disagree fill out these forms otherwise pay us". That's what I want. Well ideally more like an email, I get too much mail in the first place and am more likely to see an email.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 16, 2022

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

suck the chili right outta that hole

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Pro tip: Be super rich and then you don't have to care about taxes.

The reasoning is people are rich because they're blessed by God, so if anything, the rest of the world should be paying taxes to them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are you gonna eat some fuckin chili dogs or what

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love chili dogs.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Imagine a world where you get a letter "hey Duck and Cover you owe us x given these reasons, if you disagree fill out these forms otherwise pay us". That's what I want. Well ideally more like an email, I get too much mail in the first place and am more likely to see an email.

They do do that.
It's a standard deduction.
You say 'i made x and don't want to fill out this bullshit what doi owe you' and they have one number you subtract and then you pay or get a refund based just on that have you never seen actual tax forms before or what

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

Pay your taxes in chili dogs

keep the receipts, you can write off toppings

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like to put Texas style chili on a hotdog bun with no hotdog.

Tell me what a blasphemer I am.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went to nathans famous at coney island a few years ago and almost poo poo MY PANTS on the subway back to my hotel

thats all i got for this thread

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nigmaetcetera posted:

thats just a spicy burger on a bun which is good

chili is better with beans imho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like chili with beans and that's how I make it on my own but on a hotdog you need to make it a bit thinner and not as bulky. All meat is probably the best for that.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think chilli with beans is the better way to make chilli but chilli with beans on a chilli dog seems weird but I never really had them growing up so I can't comment with any authority on this cultural cuisine.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
tax hack: the irs lets you file for extensions. just keep filing for extensions and you'll never have to pay a dime :smugdog:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DrPossum posted:

tax hack: the irs lets you file for extensions. just keep filing for extensions and you'll never have to pay a dime :smugdog:

Extend these. *points to nipples*

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i have put chili with beans on pizza and i liked it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Luvcow posted:

chili with beans

:getout:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

15825 chili dogs will never exist thanks to big government! Think of the poor chili dog artisans who will lose their jobs!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 18, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
I'd like to point out OP's av features a regular dog and not a chili dog at all.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Weka posted:

I'd like to point out OP's av features a regular dog and not a chili dog at all.

The chili comes later ;)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Weka posted:

I imagine if Sonic squeezes properly chili will ooze out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i zoomed in, did some pixel peeping, and i think i see a speck of chili on that dog.

also there is definitely cheese, and where there's smoke there's fire.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

chili sog

also def mustard, but it goes on before the chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Duck and Cover posted:

15825 chili dogs will never exist thanks to big government! Think of the poor chili dog artisans who will lose their jobs!

You're paying too much for dawgs, ask for the bulk discount