Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
Do you think he did a good job? I go back and forth feeling like he did the best he could or he’s a piece of poo poo. Obviously the republicans are garbage but I’m not sure if he like tried his best or hoodwinked us and never really cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He was the biggest disappointment I've had since P.M. Rabin got assassinated in 1995.
I don't mind so much the loving inbred venal liars you usually get in democracy as they never inspire much hope, but from The First Black President™ I actually expected more than gently trying to work with the enemy.

E: today I'm an anarchist.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 17, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He's a war criminal but then again so are all presidents so whatever

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
He drone struck my wedding and i didn't like it one bit

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
he was more like Oba-MEH, OP

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Also he was nowhere near gay enough!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
He absolutely broke the brains of white people which is alternatively hilarious and terrifying. Can't wait to live in ultrafacism because an incrediblely milquetoast president was only 50% white.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I enthusiastically voted for him in his first term and did not vote for him for his re-election.

Little did I know just how bad everything was going to get when he left.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love him and want to blush while awkwardly trying to gain enough courage to hold his hand and call him Obama-san like my favorite anime 'President Hearts Kamiga Lonestar'.
Then he will take me away on his magical carriage to eat rice cakes and we will raise a beautiful family.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Obama seems like a cool guy, but sucked as president. However, we both take cunnilingus very seriously and I can't fault him for that. Look at the determination in those eyes.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
He ate my dog.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Every personal minor inconvenience happened because of him.

Thanks, Obama :rolleyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He was mostly a disappointment to leftists who projected onto him something he never claimed to be

I was disappointed but if I'm being honest he never really misrepresented himself or his intentions, at least by the standards of any politician

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Bloop posted:

He was mostly a disappointment to leftists who projected onto him something he never claimed to be

I was disappointed but if I'm being honest he never really misrepresented himself or his intentions, at least by the standards of any politician

I remember when one of his profs went on the daily show the night he got elected and basically said "lmao since when the gently caress has Barack Obama been a lefty? not since I known him!"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

he ate dog one time

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

He drinks beer. I drink beer. I can relate to that. Beer is good.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

There’s a recent two-part video essay I’ve wanted to watch by Fiq the Signifier about Obama’s career. I wasn’t very informed or educated about politics in 2008 and still struggle with the topic; I reckon his presidency was middling to okay unless he directly butterfly-effected something terrible I’m ignorant about (no, breaking white bigot brains doesn’t count and that was good actually)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A monster, like all US presidents. An ice blooded sociopath with the deaths of hundreds of thousands at his feet from the continued prosecution of foreign imperial war that he lacked either the desire or conviction to end, and in many cases, escalated. The president who made drone warfare the standard order of operations. You know, that thing where we send death machines to foreign sovereign nations to blow up weddings.

A neoliberal who started his career dumping a massive load of capital into the hands of bankers who made the terrible gambles of subprime lending, but did nothing for the people whose homes were being foreclosed on. A man whose signature legislative accomplishment was also a massive capital handover to private industry (health insurance) by way of making it mandatory to buy in, or face a penalty. This, in exchange for a handful of regulations in how those agencies go about their business. Literally modeled after something Mitt Romney drafted at the state level.

A man who spent his post presidency palling around with those same financiers he spent his presidency protecting, lining his pockets and doing nothing else that I can tell.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Not a fan personally

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 17, 2022

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I feel you're going to get the same boring-rear end responses from the usual goons. How about this: why do you want these responses, knowing as you do what you'll get?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
As a federal worker, the number of times Obama rolled over and shrugged when Republicans refused to raise domestic spending was incredibly infuriating. On the other hand, watching all the hicks in bumfuck nowhere blame Obama for everything since then has been worth at least a mild chuckle. Your welding shop closed down because you only worked on Tuesday and only worked on one specific type of machine? It must have been because a black guy was president 10 years ago. Your son got addicted to meth? Black President's fault. Etc.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Also this clip of Obama reading from his autobiography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYIBG0fYq4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That is delightfully insane.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
He wasn’t great but a ton better than McCain/Palin and that rich white mormon guy whose name I always forget would’ve been.

That said McCain could’ve botched the economic recovery in 2008/2009 and caused the “Great Recession” to become “Great Depression II: Starve Harder” which could’ve eventually resulted in a US societal collapse which would’ve been a net benefit for the world at large. We already are seeing how hosed the economy is from a year of ignoring a pandemic so a complete collapse of the economy followed by tight economic austerity would’ve been a blast to live through.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Apparently in his autobiography he said that the goals Leftist voters want (universal healthcare) would have destroyed the system so

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

He was REALLY good at drone strikes and bailing out millionaire bankers.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Reagan was president when I was born. Then Bush, Clinton, W, Obama, Trump, and Biden. When looking at that list, he's probably the best president on there, but that's a hell of rogues gallery to be a part of.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

The Bloop posted:

I don't know, Hope and Change implies a lot more than what we got by the end of it.

I guess I feel like he was fine as a President in that he was a bit less terrible than most but it would have been cool if things around here could have changed. I guess treading water is better than drowning. I am depressed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Professor Shark posted:

Apparently in his autobiography he said that the goals Leftist voters want (universal healthcare) would have destroyed the system so

LET IT ALL BURN:anarchists:

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I liked when he held that speech

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
And he’s got good taste in hot dogs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

funeral home DJ posted:

McCain could’ve botched the economic recovery in 2008/2009 and caused the “Great Recession” to become “Great Depression II: Starve Harder” which could’ve eventually resulted in a US societal collapse which would’ve been a net benefit for the world at large.

lol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i remember when they asked him if he was gonna legalize weed and he laughed

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i also remember he did a lot of drone strikes

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I thiough he did a good job as predisent :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I like your avatar, Screamy should have been president.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

He was disappointing and did little to nothing at all to improve the lives of the working class and it's a shame because the guy really had the opportunity to do some good, cool poo poo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

Are you sure? I distinctly remember him on TV shortly after winning when he said that we need a public option and it was no different than the USPS and UPS/FedEx who live in harmony with a public option. Then republicans absolutely killed the public option. Recall that it barely passed as watered-down as it was, and also was one vote away from losing the Supreme Court case.

I don't think he was great but his Supreme Court is the only reason my brother was allowed to get married, he unfucked the economy that was ravaged by 8 years of failed republican policies, he directly is responsible for me and my wife receiving $8,000 for buying our first home, he undid all the terrible laws Bush passed with regards to stem cell research, he made sure people like my sister can no longer be denied health insurance for having been born with a disorder, and his CFPB helped me when a local company tried to gently caress me out of several thousand dollars and I would have otherwise had zero recourse.

He wasn't great by any means but he definitely helped me and my little middle class family out in a bunch of different ways that would have never happened with McCain winning.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 17, 2022

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

A monster, like all US presidents. An ice blooded sociopath with the deaths of hundreds of thousands at his feet from the continued prosecution of foreign imperial war that he lacked either the desire or conviction to end, and in many cases, escalated. The president who made drone warfare the standard order of operations. You know, that thing where we send death machines to foreign sovereign nations to blow up weddings.

A neoliberal who started his career dumping a massive load of capital into the hands of bankers who made the terrible gambles of subprime lending, but did nothing for the people whose homes were being foreclosed on. A man whose signature legislative accomplishment was also a massive capital handover to private industry (health insurance) by way of making it mandatory to buy in, or face a penalty. This, in exchange for a handful of regulations in how those agencies go about their business. Literally modeled after something Mitt Romney drafted at the state level.

A man who spent his post presidency palling around with those same financiers he spent his presidency protecting, lining his pockets and doing nothing else that I can tell.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Not a fan personally

Nah killing dictators is good, at any cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He's no Joe Biden