Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
It's funny how Obama was called the drone strike president, and then drone strikes increased under trump and so many of the people who claimed to be outraged about drone strikes just didn't give a poo poo anymore. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who wants to attend my candlelight suppers needs to have 0 drone strikes on record

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trump also stole the ICE concentration camps valor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Obama bit my dick off and I couldn't be happier now

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Who What Now posted:

Are you conflating what they say with what they do?

https://capaction.medium.com/what-has-joe-done-for-me-lately-biden-administration-accomplishments-98c71f9ce2d8

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor J Off posted:

It's funny how Obama was called the drone strike president, and then drone strikes increased under trump and so many of the people who claimed to be outraged about drone strikes just didn't give a poo poo anymore. Lol

Wait … Trump bad??

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Didn't a goon accuse Obama of raping his sister?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big lol

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Have these laws not been enforced or something? What's so funny?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

it was smart of the nobel committee to give him the peace prize before he'd had time to chalk up too many war crimes

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Some European dude gave me a pamphlet with Obama on it but he had a Hitler mustache. I figure they wouldn't compare Obama to Hitler unless he was really bad OP so QED.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I like Presidents I can have a beer with.

you can't have a beer with any presidents. i bet even if you had their cell phone numbers there isn't a single president living, dead or undead that would bother to text you back

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Some European dude gave me a pamphlet with Obama on it but he had a Hitler mustache.

That was Michael Jordan.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He was a cold blooded bloodthristy reptile just like every other empire minded killer that has run your satanic demon nation, and mine too.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

obama was trapped in the belly of the horrible machine, and the machine was bleeding to death. he opened up his wallet and it was full of cum.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Doctor J Off posted:

It's the same thing as the internment camps ICE facilities. People didn't care when Obama put children in cages but got angry when the very wet man did it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

bitterandtwisted posted:

it was smart of the nobel committee to give him the peace prize before he'd had time to chalk up too many war crimes

I think about this more often than I care to admit.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

its all nice on rice posted:

It's the same thing as the internment camps ICE facilities. People didn't care when Obama put children in cages but got angry when the very wet man did it.

bit of a difference. obama camps were run quietly like all things you know you should be ashamed of. the trump camps were a centerpiece at rallies, advertised as a good thing we should do more of, and also while we're at it we will make them drink from toilets and purposefully send parents home without their children and lose the paperwork to make it nearly impossible to reunite them.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

What does "good person" even mean? Loving one's wife? Donating to charity? Always using one's turn signals when changing lanes? Who gives a flying gently caress about any of that? You don't know any of these people and you never will. This is just worthless parasocial projection and it's not even true, either, unless you consider it good person behavior to, say, throwing a big birthday party during the middle of the Delta surge and inviting hundreds of people, and then cutting out all the people who worked for you but keeping the celebrities after being publicly shamed

It's an especially dogbrained take because it also assumes the "international chess game" is completely on rails and there's nothing the president can do about any of it, and that's horseshit. It's funny you bring up Saudi, too, because Obama helped them initiate a genocide that's still going to this day. He could've just said no! You know how we know? It's because Saudi tried the same poo poo with the Bush administration and got told "lol nah." The loving Bush administration, lmao

He's a mass murdering demon, OP, and it's absurd that you would care if he's personally nice or not(he's not)

I'm sure if you were president you would never have to face a trolley problem, nope

and if you did you'd be an inhuman unthinking Borg and never have any of your own personal thoughts and opinions come into play, which is why you were elected after all

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've seen the memes, i know every solution to every trolley problem. i would know exactly how to achieve the funniest outcome. elect me.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

I'm sure if you were president you would never have to face a trolley problem, nope

and if you did you'd be an inhuman unthinking Borg and never have any of your own personal thoughts and opinions come into play, which is why you were elected after all

Is the trolley problem here helping the psychotic fundie state initiate a genocide in an incredibly poor country that has nothing to do with you qeven when you could simply tell them no, or is it paring down the 400 person guest list to your birthday party during the Delta surge

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
would love to see a tankie elected president and just scream "MARXISM" all day, accomplishing exactly as much as they do right now

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Too many replies along this line so I'll just respond to this one as a blanket response. I didn't actually say this though? I explicitly said in the post I don't defend it. How the international chess game is played is wrong. Just that's where we are at right now and we have to individually encourage away from this. There is this notion that we have to kill or conquer or dominate for national interests but I think there are way more productive and positive ways to fulfill that. A space development complex instead of a military-industrial would be a tremendous step in the right direction for instance.

And yeah, I think my point about Jimmy Carter stands pretty strong. You can be a good person who is called to do bad things out of a national interest. The perception of national interest is more the problem individually than the person imo. Look at Saudi Arabia as an example. Our national interest in oil forces us to be good friends with them. When I suspect everyone who isn't a psychopath would be more than happy to tell them to get hosed. It's a marriage of convenience that collectively our political side feels tied to edit: And enforces too. Because people demand cheap gas and there is this meme in society that you should own a car. When we should just be developing nuclear, electric power, and public transportation and getting away from Saudi Arabia. But that's another thread entirely.

And that's why I can believe Obama can be a good person, but a disappointing President.

So in your opinion how many war crimes is each house Jimmy built worth?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lol they counted the checks that weren't even as much as he promised as a win lmao

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

or is it paring down the 400 person guest list to your birthday party during the Delta surge

Imagine still being worked up about obamas birthday party, lol

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bad Purchase posted:

bit of a difference. obama camps were run quietly like all things you know you should be ashamed of. the trump camps were a centerpiece at rallies, advertised as a good thing we should do more of, and also while we're at it we will make them drink from toilets and purposefully send parents home without their children and lose the paperwork to make it nearly impossible to reunite them.

People in cages is still people in cages IMO, but I get what you're saying.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Flowers for QAnon posted:

they're still talking about hunter biden lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Bad Purchase posted:

i've seen the memes, i know every solution to every trolley problem. i would know exactly how to achieve the funniest outcome. elect me.

I would pull a lever for this goon, causing a trolley he is on to drive directly into a presidency.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The right cheered trump for ending Obama’s open borders and catch and release policies while simultaneously insisting that nothing had changed with respect to ICE incarcerations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm not worked up about it but it seems like pretty clear evidence that he is not actually a good person outside his job because a good person wouldn't have done that

I am worked up about him helping deliberately murder thousands of helpless Yemeni children via bombs and starvation though and I think it's pretty weird you aren't

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Biden objectively gave less money to the American people than Trump and that makes him a champion of leftism

97 posted:

Reopened office of faith-based and neighborhood partnerships. [WH, 2/14/21]

Biden reinstituted thoughts and prayers

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 20, 2022

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I'm not worked up about it but it seems like pretty clear evidence that he is not actually a good person outside his job because a good person wouldn't have done that

I am worked up about him helping deliberately murder thousands of helpless Yemeni children via bombs and starvation though and I think it's pretty weird you aren't

I think putting the two instances next to each other, as if they are equal, is weird.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Biden objectively gave less money to the American people than Trump and that makes him a champion of leftism

Biden reinstituted thoughts and prayers

are u the cspam guy who keeps talking about how Trump gave him money to buy a new graphics card, so gently caress joe biden?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wish I could afford a graphics card

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I think putting the two instances next to each other, as if they are equal, is weird.

It was a riff on the poster responding to me about "trolley problems" being extremely vague to the point you can't even tell what they are referring to, because being specific would mean justifying Obama's voluntary participation in a genocide

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

I wish I could afford a graphics card

I feel you bro, nobody wants to Better My Material Conditions either :(

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

its all nice on rice posted:

People in cages is still people in cages IMO, but I get what you're saying.

the difference is one part unnecessary cruelty (upsetting to democrats) plus one part lack of decorum (VERY upsetting to democrats)

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
He was elected before I understood just how much the state serves capital, so I was cautiously hopeful and then sorely disappointed. He moved the needle a little on a few social issues but then sold off even more of the public trust to capital, so yeah he can get hosed just like every other president that ever was or ever will be as long as capitalism rules.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
As far as we know he isn't a sex pest or didn't used to run the CIA so he is leagues above every other recent president but he also willfully bombed a hospital in Afghanistan for no loving reason so you win some you lose some I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

obama: the winsome president