Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What if in the future that hospital was going to perform a life saving appendectomy on the next Hitler you ever think about that smart guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
All doctors without borders are Hitler have you heard of Larry Nassar

Doesn't mean you should do war crimes

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

the difference is one part unnecessary cruelty (upsetting to democrats) plus one part lack of decorum (VERY upsetting to democrats)

This is one of the reasons why I've been pleasantly surprised by the Biden administration. I was expected "Bush II: Part II -- The Democratening" where we'd get a bunch of absolutely horrific policies but no one would care because it is Team Democrat so the people who are complaining are just those dastardly Bernard Brothers all right thinking people should ignore.

Instead what we have is a low level continuation of a lot of horrific Obama/Trump policies but nothing new *and* we got out of Afghanistan. Compared to what I was expecting, that is a huge win.

Biden benefits from the soft prejudice of lowered expectations. But that's also what he promised: that nothing would fundamentally change. Obama talked about Healthcare as a right and fundamental human dignity and then laughed at us for thinking he might deliver while doing great harm.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Biden is a saint for following the exit of Afghanistan that was prescribed by laws he had nothing to do with making, the best we can hope for.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the biden admin sucks for a lot of reasons, but it's a different flavor than the obama admin because he doesn't seem too concerned about finding common ground with republicans to do the things he wants to do. he pulled out of afghanistan, ignored the right wing criticism and didn't apologize. same with pushing the vaccine mandates through osha and federal contracting requirements. even though those ultimately got blocked by the courts, at least he didn't refuse to do anything at all without bipartisan approval. makes you wish he actually cared about other important stuff like the climate, healthcare, fair elections, student debt, wealth inequality, consumer protections, etc. etc. maybe he could do something, anything, through executive power on those issues without mcconnell's approval, but welp :shrug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

the difference is one part unnecessary cruelty (upsetting to democrats) plus one part lack of decorum (VERY upsetting to democrats)

What're you, some sort of right- leaning trump voter?!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I feel like Obama was the best president we've had in my lifetime.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to go drink heavily and contemplate the futility of it all.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/PollsAndVotes/status/1513350218288410626

This is a week after Obama's election in 2008. Half of all US voters did not think Obama would pull off any significant health care expansion even back then, before he had done anything.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Is the trolley problem here helping the psychotic fundie state initiate a genocide in an incredibly poor country that has nothing to do with you qeven when you could simply tell them no, or is it paring down the 400 person guest list to your birthday party during the Delta surge

dont worry dude, you never will have to worry about it or deal with it during your term as president. it's easy, chillax my guy.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
He's a himbo, he is mid, he did a racism, and I'm here for it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
if you believed any of the things he appeared to be promising in 2008 at the debates compared to hillary you are a gullible motherfucker lmao

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I was a teenager.

In other words, yes I was a gullible idiot that believed in "Change"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I was 20 and a college kid so I could see through everything and was at peak intelligence, incredulity, and smugness sorry you were born at the wrong time bud

I'm still an idiot though and that will never change thanks obama

edit: oh yeah and I caucused for him too because hillary still sucked more but I still made fun of my peers I went with for believing he would do anything big

I wanted to caucus for Mike Gravel :smug:

Private Cumshoe fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 21, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
if i were to do a scale of normal to total evil of like 1 to 100, trump and bush would be like 90s somewhere, reagan around 60, obamama would be around 20, clinton around 10, and lil jimmy carter like a 5

drone strikes aint got nothing on what bush and trump pulled off

edit: biden like a 7 so far, dude just likes his ice cream cant fault him for that

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 20, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

obama promised he would be the first black president, and i believed him

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yeah at least when Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical factory for no reason it wasn't done with a sneaky drone, a true gentleman

he didn't do it for no reason monica lewinsky was a threat to his presidency

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

dont worry dude, you never will have to worry about it or deal with it during your term as president. it's easy, chillax my guy.

Who did the genocide in Yemen save

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Clinton was, uh, pretty bad

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Being the president is hard

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Are you conflating what they say with what they do?

I feel like that's what you're doing

Or at least conflating popular ideas about what they say/did to reality

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

*whom

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

FoolyCharged posted:

I was a teenager.

In other words, yes I was a gullible idiot that believed in "Change"

I see you've gone from teenage "believing in things" to the sad lovely "nothing matters" of your early adult life. Hopefully you get through that pretty quick and realize that "everything matters" as a full adult.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Philthy posted:

if i were to do a scale of normal to total evil of like 1 to 100, trump and bush would be like 90s somewhere, reagan around 60, obamama would be around 20, clinton around 10, and lil jimmy carter like a 5

drone strikes aint got nothing on what bush and trump pulled off

edit: biden like a 7 so far, dude just likes his ice cream cant fault him for that

Bill Clinton is a rapist.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Doctor J Off posted:

It's funny how Obama was called the drone strike president, and then drone strikes increased under trump and so many of the people who claimed to be outraged about drone strikes just didn't give a poo poo anymore. Lol

It's right up their with the worst things Trump did.

How are u posted:

would love to see a tankie elected president and just scream "MARXISM" all day, accomplishing exactly as much as they do right now

A communist somehow becoming president of the USA would be even funnier than Trump so I support this. Unfortunately they'd probably be instantly removed by both halves of America's single policy state.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Who What Now posted:

So in your opinion how many war crimes is each house Jimmy built worth?

One for one. Obviously. Just gotta build a house as an indulgence for any individual war crime. Maybe two if it's supporting an apartheid politician. Kinda like any painting George W. Bush does is at least an indulgence of at LEAST 10,000 Iraqi deaths.

quote:

It's an especially dogbrained take because it also assumes the "international chess game" is completely on rails and there's nothing the president can do about any of it, and that's horseshit.

Thank you for an actual reply. It's definitely something to think about. I just want to defend the fact I also never said this. I pointed out I'd rather things are different, that the thinking we have now responds mostly to the desires of elites and social ideas like "Everyone should own a car". There was no need for drone strikes or the deals you point out with the Saudis. We could have do so much better. But the presidents and politicians we elect don't do better. And there are reasons for this. It's not as simple as "Tragically they're all just horrible people."

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 21, 2022

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Well he apparently thought that a nuclear deal with Iran and not supporting wiping out their proxy Houthi rebels in Yemen was correct, and instead providing logistics, weapons and fuel support but no combat troops or direct military operations to Riyadh was the best middle ground for the American public instead of going full-on bloodlust on either side. But it's cool that your plan of "do nothing" would have saved lives though. It must be neat to be prescient and see multidimensionally like that.

But again, don't worry about it. When you're in office you will never have to choose between two bad outcomes, you will only ever have clear-cut "good" and "bad" options in all circumstances and time-traveler levels of foreknowledge as to whether or not the outcome of your choices was for the greater good of your country retroactively.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I called him Bush III a lot because he kept doing a lot of the same warboy things, hella deportations, and was a corporate suckup. Then he did that healthcare thing where I don't healthcare but also I would have to pay a fine about it but "luckily" there was always a checkbox to pick to waive the penalty and then they eventually got rid of it. So, never had healthcare as an adult but at least no penalty.

But then that whole illegitimate adult-and-child-rapist criminal treasonman president and the gop just went into wildfire mode and are all "this isn't even my final form" and now for a couple years they've just been powering up like an evil goku begging the entire galaxy to funnel their hate energy into him so they can unless a massive anti-spirit bomb to demolish the whole planet.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

Well he apparently thought that a nuclear deal with Iran and not supporting wiping out their proxy Houthi rebels in Yemen was correct, and instead providing logistics, weapons and fuel support but no combat troops or direct military operations to Riyadh was the best middle ground for the American public instead of going full-on bloodlust on either side. But it's cool that your plan of "do nothing" would have saved lives though. It must be neat to be prescient and see multidimensionally like that.

But again, don't worry about it. When you're in office you will never have to choose between two bad outcomes, you will only ever have clear-cut "good" and "bad" options in all circumstances and time-traveler levels of foreknowledge as to whether or not the outcome of your choices was for the greater good of your country retroactively.

lmao did you google all this just now, because it's incoherent pablum as you've framed it

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Normal brained poster: you are not allowed to be critical of aiding and abetting genocide unless you have first been president yourself. Here are some lines I looked up on Bing

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
loneliest job in the world, what an obummer

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I don't see why we don't elect some of these clairvoyant people who only make good decisions that help people and never make bad decisions that harm people to the office of President. These folks are all over the internet, you'd think one of them would run for office. It'd be a home run!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Other than Miss America

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

How are u posted:

I don't see why we don't elect some of these clairvoyant people who only make good decisions that help people and never make bad decisions that harm people to the office of President. These folks are all over the internet, you'd think one of them would run for office. It'd be a home run!

The US government selling weapons to another state has never resulted in fewer deaths.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
he hoped that would change though

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

How are u posted:

don't gotta be clairvoyant to avoid making posts as bad as yours

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lmao did you google all this just now, because it's incoherent pablum as you've framed it

you should take your staunch "do nothing and hope things get better" stance and apply it to your posting on the somethingawful forums

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

you should take your staunch "do nothing and hope things get better" stance and apply it to your posting on the somethingawful forums

AHH F/UGH, upon being caught loving the family dog by his parents: What, you expect me to just not cornhole Rover? You've got a lot of growing up to do, Mom and Dad

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
buncha dnd and cspam losers itt

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Pimpcasso posted:

buncha dnd and cspam losers itt

Just like you, the person posting in the General Bullshit subforum of the Something Awful Forums(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hru is really mad that anyone ever tries to second guess his melt brained heroes. Classic urf.

Barack HUSSEIN Obama was a piece of poo poo but I thank him for quickly demonstrating his true colors and reminding me of the deep truths of the immortal science.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 21, 2022