Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, unfortunately, late game Khimari is just not up to the task. Of course, you could get an accessory which breaks the HP limit, to survive that attack. But honestly, Gooba&, Rikku and Wakka are just objectively better at that point, because their overdrives don't suck.
Should have spent all that time you legitimately grinded his stats for those guys instead.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

That’s one thing I don’t really like about the ultra flexible Final Fantasies. Once you can make anyone have any stats and use weapons with any traits or stats, a character’s viability boils down to only the overdrive/limit break, and even that mostly boils down to “how many hits does it do” due to damage limits. And then they don’t really balance that between characters.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
No Goobing in the Evil Gregussy D:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Akratic Method posted:

That’s one thing I don’t really like about the ultra flexible Final Fantasies. Once you can make anyone have any stats and use weapons with any traits or stats, a character’s viability boils down to only the overdrive/limit break, and even that mostly boils down to “how many hits does it do” due to damage limits. And then they don’t really balance that between characters.

you are gonna LOVE X-2

which Dan is definitely playing, i swear

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Kimahri is our compromise between wanting to max level everyone and wanting the endgame fights to be interesting, plus Kimahri deserves a break for being the butt of every other LP

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING
this is a pro-kimahri LP

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Just do the tonberry trick and get 99 sphere levels per battle.

Also, what are Kimahri’s stats now? Is he disproportionately strong, or did you ultra-bulk his defense/mag defense too?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Just do the tonberry trick and get 99 sphere levels per battle.

Also, what are Kimahri’s stats now? Is he disproportionately strong, or did you ultra-bulk his defense/mag defense too?

I'd guess they did not raise his speed. Otherwise he'd probably have multiple turns against Black Bird.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You guys are the Splenda of fun, I swear

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 71 - Do We Have A Deal?

Gave him more than I had to because I felt bad that Grace was going to name him

authwiggidywack
Oct 29, 2013

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Grace posted:

this is a pro-kimahri LP

Kimahri fucks despite having his horn circumcised

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Can't believe you were talking about wanting to use Energy Blast and then didn't talk to the one person in Besaid who can teach you how to do Energy Blast.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 72 - YOU LOSE

I hate these swastika-looking fuckmen so much

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Think this is the most annoying of all the awful minigames, because of all the tedious running back and forth in the most boring environment in the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 73 - Little Borky Boy

According to the wiki, Daigoro is actually Yojimbo's fayth's dog who was also turned into a fayth alongside him :3: good dog

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I got the reference of those names! Seems like we both saw that obscure play.

Did I miss a video somewhere, or did Dan straight up go to the omega ruins of camera? I know that the last primer is around there. And I'd assume that they want the final overdrive for Kim.

Also, yes that's a good dog.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did I miss a video somewhere, or did Dan straight up go to the omega ruins of camera?

:ssh:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The thing Gooba& tosses off the ship is the good-bye, guess I'm dead now video that Yuna recorded. It's supposed to be a moment of hope where he asserts that this is gonna work and we've broken the cycle, but for some reason they didn't want to specify which of the many many many spheres that was.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 74 - Basically Cheating

The final showdown with my god drat diaphragm god dammit why do I never get the hiccups off episode

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

So Tidus' affection is apparently highest with Wakka because he was the one to get the line before diving off the ship.

I also like how he's the first to dive off and somehow the last to land.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Auron's ultimate weapon has a gimmick unlike the others.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Yep, they all have completely undocumented (within the game) strength gains based on HP levels or whatever else. Kimahri's weapon does more damage when he's at full HP (which is why his counter strikes against Dark Valefor weren't as strong as his regular strikes: he'd been damaged but got an X-Potion before his next regular attack). Auron's the exact opposite, so he'll spit out consistent 99999s if you've got him in yellow HP but when he's at full HP he's sort of a chump. I guess the sword makes him lazy and complacent until the danger is obvious.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:wtc: I knew about Kimahri's but I thought they were all more health = more damage

God dammit

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 4, 2022

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

For what it's worth, at 255 strength it makes no difference anyway

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 75 - Funky

I'm not even remotely as happy to see him again, but holy poo poo his new boss theme slaps

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That ended with all the respect and pathos it deserved!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Danaru posted:

holy poo poo his new boss theme slaps

I'm not a big fan of the rearranged soundtrack in general but the Seymour Omnis theme is the track that gets hit hardest by it IMO. The original is so much better.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

On this epsiode: kimahri grts revenge

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Now that's the Dan & Grace way to deal with that.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

lol, yep. If you can do anything other than perish immediately against a Dark Aeon, Seymour is an annoying bug you can blow out of your way with a flick of your wrist.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That feeling when I look at the time left in the video and think the fight will be next episode.

And then Dan happens.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This was the funniest poo poo.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

That was beautiful.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Next episode is gonna be delayed due to work being danged up again

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Stolen from Reddit, I'm not smart enough to make good content

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That's mine, actually :v:

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1558889206071574530

Normally I use that account for Dead by Daylight shitposting, but it turns out there's an active FFX subreddit, so I figured why not

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 76 - I'm The Best

Speaking of boss themes that slap

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

gently caress, I knew it seemed weirdly perfect timing. I just figured it was an insane coincidence.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
WHAT DID YOU DO

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That weapon pickup zone is truly the most baffling decision in this whole game. It's insane. It makes absolutely no sense. Glad to see the whole Jecht fight, though! I've never actually seen Ultimate Jecht Shot before.

Also if you're going on to the rest of the postgame stuff you should show off what stats you've got people up to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pointlessone posted:

WHAT DID YOU DO

Nothing, everything is normal

Don't look at the pause menu