Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I vaguely remember you were around the 100 hour mark, when you went into Sin. Let's watch that video and compare.

Oh.

I love those stupid Land Worms. If you look for that item on the wiki it helpfully tells you that they are by far the fastest way to get a supply of that endgame item unless you plan to actually use them.
In that place there's also a King Behemot as a random encounter. That guy is a bastard which summons a giant death meteor after you won the fight.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i really appreciated dan discovering that one of the glowy eggs was fake, walking away, fighting a battle, and then immediately returning to the same fake glowy egg

also kimhari got ROBBED. not one attack in during the final boss.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

This is a pro-Kimahri LP. Pro Kimahri does not gently caress around with amateur-rear end bitches like Jecht.

cant cook creole bream posted:

In that place there's also a King Behemot as a random encounter. That guy is a bastard which summons a giant death meteor after you won the fight.

Fun fact I learned by accident: it doesn't do the meteor if you finish it with a Capture weapon. So you get 10 freebies without getting counter-murdered.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 16, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 77 - The Final Gregussy

Alright I might have made this a little harder than it had to be

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Kimahri just does not care about Sin, or Jecht. He just hates Seymour and wants him dead. Think about it. Every prior battle he was in full blown killing mode. Even the first one, before he even confessed to his patricide.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Danaru posted:

Alright I might have made this a little harder than it had to be
If I remember right. each Aeon is tied to one of the party member's stats and Celestial Weapon level, so... yeah.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
I think aeon stats are tied specifically to Yuna's stats and the total number of battles the party has fought (plus any boosts the player chooses to give them with items.) If Yuna had gotten the Kimahri treatment stat-wise... this string of battles might have dragged on even longer.

Fun fact: if you go into the last aeon battle with a weapon that has Sensor on it, you get to see the fayths’ last words:

Valefor: Strike me down.
Ifrit: Extinguish me.
Ixion: End it here.
Shiva: Please... defeat me.
Bahamut: Soon... eternal rest.
Yojimbo: Take my life.
Anima: Thus I atone.
Sandy: Don't cry.
Mindy: Gotta say goodbye.
Cindy: Stop the suffering.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 78 - Oh.

Now I can freely do sphere grid crimes

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Congratulations on beating the game!

Here is another meme I stole from Reddit to celebrate, though this one was at least from a couple months ago. This one wasn't you too, was it Dan?!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh6sXRM_yQ

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It was a weird direction decision to make the reaction shot of the npcs in Besaid before the actual event. But I suppose doing that at the end, or while interrupting the prerendered cutscene would have killed the mood too.

Huh, I genuinely forgot that John Dimaggio also voiced Kimahri, or that Tara Strong was Rikku. Also, apparently the voice actress of Hilda is called Debbie Derryberry, which ist just a fun name to say.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 17, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Danaru posted:

Now I can freely do sphere grid crimes

was anything stopping you before cause it sure didn't seem like it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

VSOKUL girl posted:

was anything stopping you before cause it sure didn't seem like it

So far I've been the closest thing I can be to restrained when it comes to offscreen bullshit. It's gonna get weird

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
God I love this big dumb game so much.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

So far I've been the closest thing I can be to restrained when it comes to offscreen bullshit. It's gonna get weird

Is it time to erase the whole grid and replace it all with +4 nodes?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I've discovered that the PC version of FFX HD has built in cheats that do not disable achievements. I am laughing like a maniac as I give myself so many Luck spheres and Fortune spheres. I am grateful to the devs for recognizing that I am an old man without much patience and allowing me to compress 40 hours of sphere grid maxing into a mere 2 or 3.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

Is it time to erase the whole grid and replace it all with +4 nodes?

Without making any admissions, I said I'd beat the post game bosses and I meant it :colbert: Penance can eat poo poo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

Without making any admissions, I said I'd beat the post game bosses and I meant it :colbert: Penance can eat poo poo

Dan, I am saying this without any sarcasm:
I am genuinely impressed by your dedication and think you are doing a good job. When I asked, whether you'd do the optional bosses, I honestly did not think you'd do it.
Thanks for showing all of this off!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Should be recording tomorrow, in the meantime check this out. Apparently if Wakka is close enough to whoever he's attacking, he'll bonk them with his ball instead of throwing it. Usually the enemy he'd counter returns to their position quick enough to make him throw, but in this case Gooba& got slowed down by his hurt animation. That's really situational

https://twitter.com/graciegr4c3/status/1561072777913925632

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i support wakka beating gooba& to death with a blitzball

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 79 - Omega Weapon

So uh, we were supposed to do this earlier

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What was that? I thought this was a pro Kimahri LP! Skipping out on his final ultimate was a weird choice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God

drat it

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I uh, don't think there's any other way to get it, so I hope you kept a save.

Also, what the hell is up with Rikku? I could have sworn she had more than 600 HP before you started grinding.
e: never mind, answered. I guess all her activated HP nodes got hosed to death to make room for PROGRESS

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 22, 2022

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

There is one other monster you can learn it from Nemesis in the Monster Arena so you're not completely locked out of it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 80 - I'm Glad I Don't Have To Die

The dark aeons would be less upsetting if it werent for the weird baby men

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 23, 2022

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Dan, do actually play X-2

:getin:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
What happened to episode 80?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God dammit I named the wrong episode :cripes: okay NOW it's episode 80

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Dan, do actually play X-2

:getin:

I heavily concur. It's actually a genuinely good game.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

I heavily concur. It's actually a genuinely good game.

I'm not going to say it isn't weird at parts with some odd minigames, but it's actually pretty emotionally gripping when you get into the story, and the gameplay is quite frankly the best Final Fantasy has ever been imo.

So, uh, adding my voice in to agree.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You've probably recorded a win by now, but just in case not: if what Grace read that every fifth turn gets an Impulse, action economy is pretty important, so may I suggest never bothering to heal Yuna? Her HP is such that she never survives anything even at full health, so she's basically either dead or one hit from death no matter what.

You could probably take the same approach to Gooba&, although admittedly he did live through one impulse when Mighty Guard was up.

Also, that was still way closer than I'll ever get to beating that boss. I got myself to a point where I could farm the Monster Arena for attribute orbs, and then decided ok, I've proven the point, next game please.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This lp fucks

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 81 - Hey Cid

Alright this time it's in order

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Back when I defeated that guy, I cheated with savescumming for zanmatou. And most other ones I ground to dust with continuous attack wheels from Wakka.
So it's cool to see how to do it legitimately.

Fun fact, for some reason Gooba&'s second ultimate where he just attacks 6 times is apparently better than his final one, because you are more likely to get a max hit each time, so that one is actually stronger than a regular attack. Yeah, I don't know why that final one is like that either. Maybe it is different if all stats are maxed. I dunno.
Also, quick hits are a strict improvement over regular attacks.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Don't listen to the cowards. They're just trying to hold you back. Play X-2.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
~28:00 you are right and you should say it.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Back when I defeated that guy, I cheated with savescumming for zanmatou. And most other ones I ground to dust with continuous attack wheels from Wakka.
So it's cool to see how to do it legitimately.

Fun fact, for some reason Gooba&'s second ultimate where he just attacks 6 times is apparently better than his final one, because you are more likely to get a max hit each time, so that one is actually stronger than a regular attack. Yeah, I don't know why that final one is like that either. Maybe it is different if all stats are maxed. I dunno.
Also, quick hits are a strict improvement over regular attacks.

I can confirm that's basically the case. The final ultimate is better at max stats, but due to hitting much weaker in most cases, the 2nd ultimate is better in the 'mid-post-game' so to speak.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 82 - Zesty Italian Bustin' Through

Just a reminder that we have max def, mdef, and strength right now

Another fun fact, Dark Bahamut apparently has 0 evasion just as a middle finger to anyone looking at his stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wow, Kimahri's hitrate sucks. Except for the aeons Gooba& basically did the damage on his own. That was really quite torturous.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 26, 2022