Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I promise we're recording actual episodes tomorrow, but in the mean time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Getting strong "I am cornholio" vibes off this video.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 63 - Nice Execution, Dipshits

Okay THIS time I remember how to upgrade the mirror

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

CONTENT WARNING: episode contains an accurate depiction of the feeling of the chocobo race. May trigger PTSD. :negative:

edit: if you're gonna do all the bonus fights, are you going to finish the plot first? I ask mainly because if you're strong enough to beat the ultimate enemy, you'll beat the final story boss in about two or three hits. Not really pushing for either choice, since completely clowning on the end boss is pretty funny. But it's also kinda cool to show it sooner when it's a little bit of a challenge.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 12, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Grace sounds oddly frustrated by the game. Does he genuinely think there's nothing fun there? I always enjoyed the combat and the sphere grid. And some bits of the story are Good.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

CONTENT WARNING: episode contains an accurate depiction of the feeling of the chocobo race. May trigger PTSD. :negative:

edit: if you're gonna do all the bonus fights, are you going to finish the plot first? I ask mainly because if you're strong enough to beat the ultimate enemy, you'll beat the final story boss in about two or three hits. Not really pushing for either choice, since completely clowning on the end boss is pretty funny. But it's also kinda cool to show it sooner when it's a little bit of a challenge.

I've been struggling with that myself, on the one hand I do want to fight Sin now while it's still a difficult fight, but on the other hand if I fight Sin now, I guarantee my barely functioning mass of misfiring synapses will get distracted and hyperfixate on something else, leaving this LP sorta semi finished in a way that satisfies nobody

That might sound super specific, which is because that happened to a couple games. The Saboteur comes to mind

cant cook creole bream posted:

Grace sounds oddly frustrated by the game. Does he genuinely think there's nothing fun there? I always enjoyed the combat and the sphere grid. And some bits of the story are Good.

Grace might be frustrated with ME, or with Blitzball, but I can assure you this stupid JRPG bullshit is the exact brand of garbage he loves

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I think if you beat the final boss I'd consider the LP finished enough that there's no shame to moving on (not that there's shame anyway, but you know what I mean)

Also, I just got to the end of the video and I'm actually super glad to be wrong and hear that the dark aeon doesn't spawn until you leave Zanarkand all the way and start having the airship to fly around. That poo poo sucks and anyone not having to deal with it until they want to is a win.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
What happens when you pray to the cactus stones is that they add Qactuars to the random encounter pool for the Thunder Plains. The more you pray to, the more you can meet in a single fight, up to three. Of course, with No Encounters active, the contents of the encounter pool are irrelevant, but you do need to catch some if you want to complete the captures for the area.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh sick, I've been off screening a bunch of collection stuff because it's boring as poo poo, but I haven't done thunder plains yet :toot:

Also despite not being on the list for the stolen fayth cave, I fought and killed like five Marlboros. Gooba& can hastega and Delay Buster (a stronger version of delay strike) constantly so Marlboro just never gets a turn :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 64 - Hi Orb

I just think it's weird to create a puzzle that only activates if the God Empress of your theocracy is killed by some random jerks. Maybe that's why I'll never become Maester

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
:banjo: Seymour's mom has got it goin' on
She met Lady Y and turned into an aeon
Hilda, don't you see, you're just not the one for me
I know it might be wrong, but I want Seymour's mom's aeon :banjo:

Anima Quegg's a pretty nifty aeon; I've found her useful when getting started on the Monster Arena grinding process.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 65 - Weren't You In Prison

loving O'aka of all people got a full character arc?!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
you should LP the furry breeding sim

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

you should LP the furry breeding sim

This sentence has never been true, in any context.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

You can get more info about the O'aka/Wantz stuff if after you go to the Thunder Plains for the first time, you turn back around and head to the Farplane. Why anyone would think to do this, I don't know, but you get a very hidden scene of Wantz and his sister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPORDv9yZY&t=75s

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

If you hadn't told Dona to give up on her pilgrimage after Home gets destroyed, you can find her in the Zanarkand Dome. She's like "what the gently caress there's nothing here this sucks" and you tell her "yeah we killed Yunalesca sorry"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Procrastine posted:

If you hadn't told Dona to give up on her pilgrimage after Home gets destroyed, you can find her in the Zanarkand Dome. She's like "what the gently caress there's nothing here this sucks" and you tell her "yeah we killed Yunalesca sorry"

Yeah, that's a fun interaction. If Yuna and her gang weren't around, killing religious leaders, Donna would have been the fifth summoner to succeed. Also Barthello would have been the next Sin.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also Barthello would have been the next Sin.

poo poo lmao imagine

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Even huger, noticeably ripped Sin, floating in the air, ominously flexing its mighty pecs

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 66 - I Was Thinking About The Planet

Kinoc used to be fuckin RIPPED, dude fell off hard

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Heavy air-quotes "bonus" clip

https://twitter.com/graciegr4c3/status/1548695110971432960

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 67 - This Is Blitzball

There is actually such a thing as too much Blitzball

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 67 - This Is Blitzball

There is actually such a thing as too much Blitzball

Unfortunately, it's true. I love Blitzball but you can definitely burn out on it pretty fast.

Shout-out to the Blitzball mega fan on YouTube who has levelled every single team to Level 99.

EDIT: You know, that Jecht Sphere got me thinking that starting in Besaid is by far the most optimal route. Poor Braska started in Bevelle, had to go to Besaid via a reversed route of what our party did, then loving backtrack all that way just to get back to Bevelle. drat.

SoundwaveAU fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 19, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe try that fight again. You were probably just hitting some bad RNG.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

They do have everything needed to win it, except for the stats. Just get Wakka able to do true-max damage per hit, and then one perfect spin of the Attack Reels will kill it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

and then one perfect spin of the Attack Reels

I have bad news for you

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

They do have everything needed to win it, except for the stats. Just get Wakka able to do true-max damage per hit, and then one perfect spin of the Attack Reels will kill it.

If you push your various stats high enough, you can probably defeat that guy without even breaking the lower damage limit.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm sure some combination of First Strike > Rikku uses a broken Mix could win the day here, too.

Maybe? I never fought any of these but Mix is usually the answer.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

I have bad news for you

I would have thought you of all people would be up for a plan that consists of "ha ha, maybe we'll get lucky"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 68 - The Quegg Voice

Turns out that while the Remiem chocobo race has some good prizes, it's not necessary for the celestial weapons!

So I'm not doing it.

E: The audio is janked up until I fix it roughly four minutes in. My computer sets the mic volume to 50 for some drat reason whenever I unplug the microphone but I need it at 100 dammit :argh:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 21, 2022

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The sound mixing is super goofy on this episode.

E: Derp, nevermind.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh whoops I meant to mention that

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I was afraid I wouldn't get to hear the titular Quegg Voice!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 69 - I Like The Flufer Here

There might be a small break in content, it's currently like 40 degrees outside and our downstairs neighbours are a billion years old and/or actual lizards who have their windows open to let the heat in, so our AC is barely keeping up and I don't like any of you enough to turn it off for long enough to record

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Every JRPG should have a fast-forward button imo. Heck, every game, why not.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1552726581235286018?t=WllA71M2_ZduXksjt1WJCg&s=19

I swear we're recording this Saturday, my shift change made it so I work evenings which narrows our recording options a bit, plus sometimes I gotta work the weekend during the day which means I can't drink the night before because I gotta get up early plus I'm helping my boss by switching to days for a bit because there are literally no causals or part timers left plus the provincial healthcare system is horrifyingly close to complete collapse and I'll find out within 24 hours whether we're holding a strike vote and god drat I miss the feeling of being bored

I'm doing great by the way

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Danaru posted:

I'm doing great by the way

As fun as it is to do the "Hur dur entertaining us is more important" thing, make sure to take care of yourself.

I'm with you, I don't like living in interesting times anymore either, I want to go back to mildly dull and entirely predictable times. Cursed fortune cookie!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Let's Play Final Fantasy X: the provincial healthcare system is horrifyingly close to complete collapse

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Working in a hospital loving sucks right now, I think close to collapse is a good general summary of the situation for us. Good luck Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 70 - That's Why They Call Her Evil Greg

drat, Dark Aeons got hands