Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

GrandmaParty posted:

This LP fuckin' rules and I'm here until the end.

That's when you'll go back and finish the Terraria LP, right?

...right? :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Alumnus Post posted:

That's when you'll go back and finish the Terraria LP, right?

...right? :unsmith:

nah that's when they finally start mgs4 finish the stardew LP

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You are going to kill the optional bosses, right?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

cant cook creole bream posted:

:stonk:

I mean, that's only 9,000 hours of grinding and doing some of the absolute worst content ever put in an RPG, so that should be feasible!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Yes, absolutely

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 16 - Rock, And Not Robot

I loving love Haste

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I don't think Self Destruct lets you put someone new in, it removes the party slot Kimahri was in from the battle entirely.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Isn't that what we said? It's been a while since we recorded that one but that's how I knew it worked before we started

It's also the main reason he isn't using it constantly

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I checked on a different computer and you're right, you did say that. The laptop I was watching on seems to be developing volume problems.

Whammiewazzle fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 4, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Whammiewazzle posted:

I don't think Self Destruct lets you put someone new in, it removes the party slot Kimahri was in from the battle entirely.

still worth it

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Fun fact: Seymour may not have his Summon for this battle, but he does have his own unique Overdrive, and holy poo poo does it smash.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drink every time Kimahri dies

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

So, playing this on my own, there's a hidden cutscene that you missed (and which I've never encountered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AnDW3qNKFk

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Gnoman posted:

So, playing this on my own, there's a hidden cutscene that you missed (and which I've never encountered before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AnDW3qNKFk

This game is absolutely chockers with easily missed cutscenes.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I honestly don't remember how Wakka and Luzzu get along if Luzzu survives this battle, but I don't think there's much punching involved.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 17 - But Baby, There's Blitzball

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1520450241757130753

BLIZBALWW

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Nidoking posted:

I honestly don't remember how Wakka and Luzzu get along if Luzzu survives this battle, but I don't think there's much punching involved.

Luzzu doesn't survive, but it wasn't until my latest playthrough that I found out how badly he didn't survive. Dude got scissored in half by flying debris, and Gatta found the upper half before we see his freakout on the beach.

Edit: turns out whether Luzzu or Gatta survives depends on if you convince Gatta to go to the front lines. If you convince Gatta to go, he dies, otherwise it's Luzzu.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 5, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you talk to Gatta twice and tell him he belongs on the frontline both times, he dies instead of Luzzu. It seemed like a huge dick move so I didn't do it

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm pretty sure everyone in this game poops in the ocean except kimahri who just digs a hole in the beach.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GrandmaParty posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone in this game poops in the ocean except kimahri who just digs a hole in the beach.

Making sins house just a little more unpleasant
Im doing my part

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

We've reached the point in the Dan & Grace LP Universe where even Grace stops watching. Some day Dan will give up too, but half-hour videos of Gooba& standing completely still will nonetheless be uploaded daily somehow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You do know how the Jecht shot works, right? It's absolutely broken, but you haven't actually shown off it's full use yet.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

You do know how the Jecht shot works, right? It's absolutely broken, but you haven't actually shown off it's full use yet.

based on the animation id guess it works by being complete impossible bullshit

on the other hand this game's about fighting sky whale dad by summoning dead people's souls as giant monsters, and the aforementioned shot is performed in a giant magic water globe, so vov

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I actually did forget about the other thing Jecht Shot does, I do it by accident next time we play Blitzball but the time after that I'll make sure to show it off

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
EDIT: Okay. I'm not gonna spoil it then.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 18 - Barthello Can Talk?

Barthello recognizes game

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I'm an episode late saying this about that Blitzball game, but in case it wasn't obvious, the Ronso team has something of a theme among its players; they all have insanely high HP and Endurance. However, their swimming speed is very slow - and yes, swim speed is one of the stats that varies from player to player. Some players swim faster than others, allowing them to easily catch up to someone with the ball, or escape pursuers while holding it so they can pass or shoot without being intercepted.

Also, for those who don't remember, the Keeper's catch stat is randomized between 50% and 150% of the displayed stat when it comes to how much they actually subtract from the Shot when they defend. That Ronso Keeper really flubbed the defense against that not-Jecht shot. Skill took his Catch score up to 19... only for him to severely low-ball his defense. Also a reminder - you need to actually hit a button prompt when TechCopy is on-screen in order to learn the technique. It's not a passive, automatic thing. That's why no one learned anything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 19 - Hey Yoshi-P Where's Blitzball

Apparently there was talk of adding Blitzball into FF14, but for some reason it never materialized. At least make a class that throws blitzballs at people

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Probe everyone who refers to Gooba& as Tidus.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GrandmaParty posted:

Probe everyone who refers to Gooba& as Tidus.

I agree.

Heads up, if you haven't been past that point yet: When you're at the ice temple, you really want to make sure not to miss out on that reward with the destruction sphere. Honestly, that part is a bit of a dick move from the game.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 7, 2022

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I agree.

Heads up, if you haven't been past that point yet: When you're at the ice temple, you really want to make sure not to miss out on that reward with the destruction sphere. Honestly, that part is a bit of a dick move from the game.

Started playing this again, and I generally wish they'd give you a heads up when you're leaving the Cloister of Trials. The Besaid one I just straight up didn't realize I was done with it and walked into the fayth chamber. As soon as the loading screen finished it was just "poo poo, that's right, this is really short. Wonder when I can get back in here for the treasure."

e: VV thanks! I totally forgot you could get back on the ship and backtrack.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 7, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Started playing this again, and I generally wish they'd give you a heads up when you're leaving the Cloister of Trials. The Besaid one I just straight up didn't realize I was done with it and walked into the fayth chamber. As soon as the loading screen finished it was just "poo poo, that's right, this is really short. Wonder when I can get back in here for the treasure."

You actually can backtrack all the way to Besaid at this point in the story. I think it's possible after operation Mihen. That way it's possible to still get that thing in the temple. But after visiting Maccalania there's some inconvience involved.

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

Those tutorial Aeon fights are a bit easier to win if you have Frank's second overdrive.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Or if you just use Yuna in every fight. Aeons' stats are influenced by both Yuna's stats and the number of fights you have won. Whichever grants the larger bonus of the two is what'll affect an Aeon's stats.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 20 - Is That A Threat?

Glad to hear my dad cares more about a weird elephant thing than he does about me cool cool

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I was so happy there was a Hypello barman in FFX-2

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 20 - Is That A Threat?

Glad to hear my dad cares more about a weird elephant thing than he does about me cool cool

To be fair, he also cared more about his travel buddies and seven year old Yuna than about Gooba&*. Poor guy must have missed his wife, though.
But I do like that there is a giant scar on the backside of that Shoopuff.

Neurion posted:

I was so happy there was a Hypello barman in FFX-2

Now I'm waiting for a FFX-2 LP where the Grace gets to meet Tobli. He's something

* Let the records show that I used his canon name from the first post I made in this thread:

Nah, Sin Toxin is a real thing in that universe. You can speak with a bunch of randos who suffer from it. It's specifically triggered by getting close to Sin and not all the other traumatic happenstances of that world.
Honestly though, it's just written as a neat way to protect Gooba& from the consequences of his stupid actions.
"No wait! You can't execute him for that heresy. You see, he has lost all sense of morality and faith due to Sin's Toxin"
Also it makes the party members have a sort of valid reason why they need to explain to him basic concepts like monsters to him, without having them buy into this stupid story about Zanarkand.
It makes me a bit sad that you ignored that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 8, 2022

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
If nothing else, I feel like there was a missed opportunity to have Gooba& express some mild respect for the fact that the guy literally quit drinking on the spot after recognizing that he screwed up that bad. And stuck to it.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Seeing as Gooba& tried to get his father to stop drinking before and Jecht just said he didn't feel like it, I'd say the reaction he gave was pretty appropriate.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 21 - The Speed Of Gooba&

Not sure what we would have done if none of our party could hold their breath indefinitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cloacamazing! posted:

Seeing as Gooba& tried to get his father to stop drinking before and Jecht just said he didn't feel like it, I'd say the reaction he gave was pretty appropriate.

Look, what's the bigger wrong: repeatedly hurting your family with your actions to the point that they're begging you to stop or attacking an animal you've never seen before thinking it's the kind that attacks you?