Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
thought Dan was gonna name Tidus Grace for a second

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Keldulas posted:

The Sin Toxin does allow him to act hideously stupid in terms of everything without serious consequences..... but couldn't they just, y'know, not have him act that hideously stupid?

it's Tidus. what does your heart tell you.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Danaru posted:

> Hey the game audio is kinda overpowering

Yeah I'm working on that, this is a new set up since :siren:Grace and I live together now!!!:siren: so it's taking some fixing. Also I was really drunk when we decided to LP a 50+ hour long JRPG on a whim, imagine that.

maybe im alone here, but the balance is actually good for a dialogue-heavy game. i can hear you and the characters both well during cutscenes, and battle noises/music aren't really a problem since human voices occupy a different mental audio track (for lack of a better description) and my brain separates them easily

the overall levels are really low though--i have to boost system audio over 100% for this, whereas i usually keep it around 66% (for comparison, 66% works fine for recent mario party vids)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

BlazetheInferno posted:

At this point, you've got all your party members

wow rikku erasure itc

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

please only put the designated flared blitzballs in your anus. do NOT put regular blitzballs in your anus. they will get stuck. you don't want that image to live rent-free in wakka's head forever, right?

Gnoman posted:

True, though poison in particular is usually absolutely worthless.

isnt cast bio and chill a legit, if not recommended strat for some major boss

Solitair posted:

For those curious, here's the expert sphere grid divided according to the abilities everyone had on the old grid:

wtf kimhari, i know, kimhari, but still

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Alumnus Post posted:

That's when you'll go back and finish the Terraria LP, right?

...right? :unsmith:

nah that's when they finally start mgs4 finish the stardew LP

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Whammiewazzle posted:

I don't think Self Destruct lets you put someone new in, it removes the party slot Kimahri was in from the battle entirely.

still worth it

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

You do know how the Jecht shot works, right? It's absolutely broken, but you haven't actually shown off it's full use yet.

based on the animation id guess it works by being complete impossible bullshit

on the other hand this game's about fighting sky whale dad by summoning dead people's souls as giant monsters, and the aforementioned shot is performed in a giant magic water globe, so vov

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Danaru posted:

According to OBS and Voicemeeter, there's almost no game audio actually being recorded, while our mic is completely maxed out. This... Clearly isn't the case. That plus the new couch set up has made the audio really weird to try to control

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 23 - Get The Hell Off The Field

Rikku is currently trapped in the Kimahri Zone of stats

they are at least balanced, so just quadrupling levels across the board works:

code:
yt-dlp -f18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlFUDVTbwiw -o /tmp/gooband.mp4
ffmpeg -i /tmp/gooband.mp4 -filter:a "volume=4" /tmp/gooband_louder.mp4
Ed: the latest one does seem a bit better.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 12, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

who needs therapy when you have BLITZBAWW

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

The stupid thing only appears every ten years, largely seems to stick to the ocean, and it's worldwide news when it gets killed. You would really think that people would have the preparations for this poo poo worked out by now, including not building villages/cities right on the waterfront where you would be at the highest risk.

i thought spira was an archipelago but nope, looks like that's basically just besaid, kilika, some place i don't recognize, and random garbage non-locations they just scattered around to fill out the map

however, almost all the cities on the mainland are still on the coast for no good reason

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

death in spira is a light suggestion at best. you'd think the party would be less sad about yuna given there's seemingly an 80% chance she'll just show up again about a week after dying to pause sin

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Kimarhi, the summoner and her guardian were, uh... wrestling. Yes.

you don't have to be euphemistic. Kimhari knows. Kimhari fucks

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Let's Play Final Fantasy X: This Is Kimhari's Story

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

apropos of nothing:

dan please name the Magus Sisters Florp, Pinkie Chan, and Elbaki

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Nidoking posted:

The other implication is that this is a closely guarded secret, but... there are a lot of Summoners who have multiple Guardians, and only one of those becomes the Final Aeon. What happens to the rest? Has there never been one who left afterward, recognized the new Sin as the previous Final Aeon, and went back to tell someone what they'd learned? True, they probably wouldn't know anything about Yu Yevon, but even just knowing that the Final Aeon becomes the new Sin would be a pretty good indicator that the Final Summoning isn't doing anything to affect the death cycle in any meaningful way.

i don't think it's obvious what the new Sin is. it just looks like the big sky whale every time. the Jecht aeon is somewhere inside and looks like, well, Jecht (but large)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

can't believe Gooba& didn't follow up attacking and dethroning god with a good ol' game of BLIZZBAW

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

you should LP the furry breeding sim

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Let's Play Final Fantasy X: the provincial healthcare system is horrifyingly close to complete collapse

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

That’s one thing I don’t really like about the ultra flexible Final Fantasies. Once you can make anyone have any stats and use weapons with any traits or stats, a character’s viability boils down to only the overdrive/limit break, and even that mostly boils down to “how many hits does it do” due to damage limits. And then they don’t really balance that between characters.

you are gonna LOVE X-2

which Dan is definitely playing, i swear

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i really appreciated dan discovering that one of the glowy eggs was fake, walking away, fighting a battle, and then immediately returning to the same fake glowy egg

also kimhari got ROBBED. not one attack in during the final boss.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Danaru posted:

Now I can freely do sphere grid crimes

was anything stopping you before cause it sure didn't seem like it

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i support wakka beating gooba& to death with a blitzball

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

why can't X-2 have been a kimhari doing merc jobs in a hack n slash game. shoulda gone full mgr on it, including using force of nature as the main theme

edit: and it would have a yoko taro-esque "good job but kimhari's dead now" ending if you use self-destruct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i watched 87 before bed and then dreamt that i was in Dan and Grace's house watching the recording session live

maybe this whole LP, and for that matter, Dan and Grace, are just dreams of the fayth