Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Gnoman posted:

It is pretty clear in-game that the unsent are still the actual people. It just takes an extreme effort of will to retain your personanity under those circumstances, and most who try it become fiends.

My take on Seymour is that his increasingly monstrous transformations are because he doesn't have the same willpower that unsent like Mika have, and he's already degrading.

I've always been convinced his transformations are him deliberately half-fiending himself with recently-deceased pyreflies for more power, so the difference between Seymour and Mika is that Mika doesn't *want* to become a monster to fight people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

cant cook creole bream posted:

I heavily concur. It's actually a genuinely good game.

I'm not going to say it isn't weird at parts with some odd minigames, but it's actually pretty emotionally gripping when you get into the story, and the gameplay is quite frankly the best Final Fantasy has ever been imo.

So, uh, adding my voice in to agree.