Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 2 - That Doesn't Sound Very Dope At All

I sincerely love the sphere grid and I wish every game had one

You say that but then you look at Legend of Demon Rush...

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

In case you were wondering what that Extract Ability skill does, it applies the "Distill Ability" status to an enemy, which will override that enemy's normal sphere drop and force it to drop an Ability Sphere. In the early game Ability Spheres aren't as common, so it helps when you need 'em. I think there's Extract skills for the other sphere types, too.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Nidoking posted:

5) Play as little Blitzball as possible.

This is the worst advice. Forget Yuna's pilgrimage, just play sports

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Been playing the PC release of the HD Remaster and apparently you can scout blitzball players from the very start of the game, but you cannot actually hire them until after the game vs. the Luca Goers.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Nidoking posted:

I honestly don't remember how Wakka and Luzzu get along if Luzzu survives this battle, but I don't think there's much punching involved.

Luzzu doesn't survive, but it wasn't until my latest playthrough that I found out how badly he didn't survive. Dude got scissored in half by flying debris, and Gatta found the upper half before we see his freakout on the beach.

Edit: turns out whether Luzzu or Gatta survives depends on if you convince Gatta to go to the front lines. If you convince Gatta to go, he dies, otherwise it's Luzzu.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 5, 2022

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Or if you just use Yuna in every fight. Aeons' stats are influenced by both Yuna's stats and the number of fights you have won. Whichever grants the larger bonus of the two is what'll affect an Aeon's stats.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I was so happy there was a Hypello barman in FFX-2

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Can't have kids reading the word 'gently caress', please consider retitling your video.

Cum, dick, gently caress, pussy, Gooba&, titties, vagina, queef.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Chrono Trigger is one of the best cuz it has a save point in like a sewer or something, and the sound of you touching it alerts enemies nearby to trigger an encounter.

Then later on there's an actual save point mimic.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Akratic Method posted:

It's possible the forbidden weapons are just the floating artillery robots and those weird karate-mechs. It's clearly not the automated nature that does it, because the cannons at Mushroom Rock were manned, but maybe there's a minimum size where people start to care?

I never really interpreted the artillery and kick mechs to be proper machina. They give off a more traditional golem vibe to me, looking more like constructs made of stone and clay materials animated by magic. This feeling is only reinforced by the fact that they're not vulnerable to the Steal insta-kill that common machina are, and none of the artillery or kick guy variants are weak to lightning, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I've discovered that the PC version of FFX HD has built in cheats that do not disable achievements. I am laughing like a maniac as I give myself so many Luck spheres and Fortune spheres. I am grateful to the devs for recognizing that I am an old man without much patience and allowing me to compress 40 hours of sphere grid maxing into a mere 2 or 3.