Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
FFX was the first Final Fantasy game I actually finished. I liked it when I was a teenager, turned on it when I was into The Spoony Experiment and he was overreacting to it, and have come back around on it thanks to exposure to more recent, more chill LPs of it. It's very goofy and feels like it came from a teenage mindset, but it's also fun and looks and sounds good, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GrandmaParty posted:

Fun fact. I streamed this game and died in the tutorial. It's possible.

To the Sinscales? IIRC the Sinspawn boss does nothing but cast Demi, which can't actually kill your party.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Christ, I'm actually slightly tempted to get FFX on Switch to check out the Expert grid and everything else that wasn't in the initial release. Thankfully I also want to play other Final Fantasy games more.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

For those curious, here's the expert sphere grid divided according to the abilities everyone had on the old grid:

Really, this LP is making me want to try FF10 again, but I've also been wanting to go back to 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Oh dang, I actually caught up.

How much of this game are you planning to do, again? There are some absurd optional bosses which require absurd grinding, which are the only things I didn't do when I played the original release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Danaru posted:

You shut up I'm epic, plus if I can get Grace away from cold steel for more than ten minutes, I have some plans to make life easier.

not in the sense of using outside influences, but in the Morrowind style of "the devs didn't plan for me jungle juicing all the abilities and now the game crashes whenever I punch someone"

I dunno if this guide is too time-consuming for what you have in mind, but it can't hurt to share.