Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I have played this game. I have watched several Let's Plays of it. I still have no loving clue why the Al Bhed Psyches kidnap Yuna here in order to get the world's shittiest Blitzball team to throw a match. Like, if it's for the stated reason, why? If it's for spoiler reason, why the pretense? If it's to have a nice chat over tea with the half-Al Bhed summoner, why doesn't Yuna mention it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I would just like to point out that Tidus is Sinspawn.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Seeing as Gooba& tried to get his father to stop drinking before and Jecht just said he didn't feel like it, I'd say the reaction he gave was pretty appropriate.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PepperedMoth posted:

Seymour making his "keen to the scent of the Farplane comment" followed by Gooba& immediately going over to sniff Auron is one of the top Dorky Gooba& moments. Man just has no social skills.

The supposed resemblance between Chappu and Gooba& is presumably mostly the product of Wakka's grief. The guy saw a blitzball-playing stranger of more-or-less the right age wash up onto the beach and decided to do some projecting. (Though I guess their faces might look sort of a little similar?)

Lulu said Gooba& looked like Chappu too, so it's not just Wakka.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Danaru posted:

Rikku is currently trapped in the Kimahri Zone of stats

Look at it as an opportunity to throw tons of potions at her in order to raise her affection level, which is an actual thing in this game and somehow even stupider than the lighning dodges.

I think the scene you got in Guadosalam means that currently Lulu wants to jump your bones the most.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Danaru posted:

I sold the SOS Nulshock stuff because I'm gonna be immediately healing everyone out of the SOS range. Also using magic is lame and I can just get electrocuted for free :mad:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 27 - gently caress The Woods

I got a huge e-mail about this episode getting age restricted because of the title, and I'm like :geno: okay

I'll have you know the local kindergarteners were very disappointed they couldn't watch your family friendly videos today.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Your Trommel impression is spot on.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The way I remember it, Braska's Calm is actually longer than usual. Which does bring the question of how there is still anything left on Spira if the giant doom whale has been going on for 1000 years with a couple of pee breaks in between.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
And other things like the little girl asking Yuna if she will bring the Calm become completely horrifying.

Definitely explains why none of the other guardians really cared about Yuna marrying Seymour. It was never going to be anything more than a gesture to give people hope. A grand wedding, then she marches off to her death. Hell, they probably thought it would be nice for Yuna to have a wedding in the first place.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Summoners might be one of the few people that don't respawn, if that whole "she didn't need to be sent because she accepted death while she was still alive" thing Yuna said about Gooba&'s mom is true. A summoner sets out on a pilgrimmage for the express purpose of dying. Their guardians know they most likely won't survive either.

Optional battle stuff: I know there's one optional battle with a summoner who became a fiend, but that one probably had regrets preventing them from moving on. A summoner dying to defeat Sin probably wouldn't.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I admire whoever came up with the idea of having the Al Bhed siren blare through one of the most important and emotional cutscenes in the game. I bet the other designers were all "Hey, shouldn't we turn it off for this?" and he was "No! This scene NEEDS to have someone scream 'I'm annoying, huh?' in the background!"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
He definitely killed Kinoc and his guards just before the bossfights and that caused pyreflies to appear and fuse with him, so that might be the case. The question is, can he go back to normal now or is he stuck like that?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Best episode ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Final Fantasy X Episode 50 - Braska. BRASKA.

Just to be clear I don't want to be like, the alcoholic abusive narcissist and all that, I just want to be like post-Spira Jecht

So, Sin?