Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ok Hal and circl are scum.

Hal for breaking the sacred Turbo tradition of voting after the person posted and circl because I think only scum circl would participate in one.

Oh man when I started that post you hadn't posted yet and I failed to hit preview. Total faux pas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh man when I started that post you hadn't posted yet and I failed to hit preview. Total faux pas

Commit honorable Sudoku.

Nah jk I forgive you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote rules is rules

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

General US tax deadline day wasn't even that bad call-wise compared to some years but I stayed up too late filing my own taxes so it felt awful. I'm probably gonna be more 'here'/available tomorrow evening.

wtf i thought the deadline was the 15th

i stayed up late that night for nothing

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also something just occured to me.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'd like to announce a vendetta against lurkers this game. Also I'm going to make peace with Maerlyn and not instantly vote her this game.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

A turbo does sound pretty great actually.

##vote: Yami

This seems pretty scummy if you think about it. This isn't the first game Plastic complained about lurkers in. So it's fair to say that the dislike of lurkers is genuine.

But then, why does he immediately start a turbo on one of the more consistently active posters (me)?

Plastic KNOWS I hate lurkers as much as he does. We've literally lost a game due to a scummy lurk team together just recently (Village). So I am having SERIOUS trouble believing that a town plastic would pick an active player for their turbo.

You can call me many things but a lurker ain't one of them. This seems targeted.

##vote Plastic

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Agree on Circl, not to mention AABB rhyme scheme is wack as gently caress

I don't care if you think my rhymes are wack.
They have a quality that your posts lack:
They require effort to compose and post
Whereas your own content is bland as toast.

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Worst. Turbo. Ever.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote hal :getin:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Good morning you two.

I have been extremely bored waiting for someone to chat with, since I am apparently literally the only EU goon in here.

:negative:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Good morning you two.

I have been extremely bored waiting for someone to chat with, since I am apparently literally the only EU goon in here.

:negative:

Mornin'

Are you town this game?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Mornin'

Are you town this game?

Unfortunately I'm not scum, no.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Unfortunately I'm not scum, no.

Hmmmmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Mornin'

Are you town this game?

Are you?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

100%. And gonna shake things up real good.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

100%. And gonna shake things up real good.

Good. I feel sorry about happened in Village btw, you kind of were collateral damage on my maer read.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Good. I feel sorry about happened in Village btw, you kind of were collateral damage on my maer read.

No worries! I'm not a big grudge holder and I'm always people's scum read, apparently even when I'm mod confirmed town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

No worries! I'm not a big grudge holder and I'm always people's scum read, apparently even when I'm mod confirmed town.

What do you think about my theory about plastic btw?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

TBH too early for hard opinions. You are posty AF as town and scum though so kinda feeling meh about your argument.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TBH too early for hard opinions. You are posty AF as town and scum though so kinda feeling meh about your argument.

That's... not really my argument though. Me being posty AF is the point.

My point is that Plastic is saying they're going to hardline against lurkers (which is very understandable given recent games) but then also going after a posty player with a turbo.

I don't understand how to reconcile one with the other given the stated mindset. Regardless of my alignment, lunching me would basically make the game lurkier by default.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

My point is that Plastic is saying they're going to hardline against lurkers (which is very understandable given recent games) but then also going after a posty player with a turbo.

I don't understand how to reconcile one with the other given the stated mindset. Regardless of my alignment, lunching me would basically make the game lurkier by default.

Hmm good point.

##vote Plastic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

It’s not terrible

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

##vote hal :getin:

True story, I read this and thought poo poo, bee is on to me.

Then I remembered I was actually town this game

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I think Yami is right.

##vote Plastic

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Turbos are bad and dumb but at least they get us through joke phase.

I didn't really take the Plastic turbo seriously, I've never seen him actually try that tactic to get a supposed townie out quickly if he's scum, Yami no less... seems ballsy for scum Plastic.

I think Circl looks worse for voting and then unvoting when it looked like the turbo wasn't going to happen (and trying to take a little shot at Hum feels like a distraction).

##vote Circl

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

General US tax deadline day wasn't even that bad call-wise compared to some years but I stayed up too late filing my own taxes so it felt awful. I'm probably gonna be more 'here'/available tomorrow evening.

Mr. Humalong posted:

wtf i thought the deadline was the 15th

i stayed up late that night for nothing

Why do people wait until the last minute to file their taxes? We do that poo poo in February.... Give me my money back right loving now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Maerlyn posted:

Why do people wait until the last minute to file their taxes? We do that poo poo in February.... Give me my money back right loving now.

Yeah as soon as W-2s are in that stuff gets done

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I didn't really take the Plastic turbo seriously, I've never seen him actually try that tactic to get a supposed townie out quickly if he's scum, Yami no less... seems ballsy for scum Plastic.

I think Circl looks worse for voting and then unvoting when it looked like the turbo wasn't going to happen (and trying to take a little shot at Hum feels like a distraction).

##vote Circl

Hmm.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The mythical Maerlyn/Plastic scum team has come to fruition, eh?

-snip-

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

There are people out there that don’t get money back!

Also lots of people are lazy procrastinators. Although if you are getting money you’d think that would motivate you

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also lots of people are lazy procrastinators. Although if you are getting money you’d think that would motivate you

I take procrastination very seriously but I also kinda like doing taxes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I usually know when Plastic is scum (see All Stars) but it's a little early for me to agree considering Plastic hasn't said anything in response yet. I'm null on him for now.

(I understand the point you're making but not immediately agreeing with you doesnt make me scum :) )

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I usually know when Plastic is scum (see All Stars) but it's a little early for me to agree considering Plastic hasn't said anything in response yet. I'm null on him for now.

(I understand the point you're making but not immediately agreeing with you doesnt make me scum :) )

True, but you're always scum when I'm town and vice versa.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

##vote Circl

I'm not well versed in mafia ways;
I thought that it was still joke phase.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh I'm definitely a procrastinator but using tax websites make it easy. I've used the same one for 8 years and if they ever go out of business I'll be so mad.

My first year being married we were shocked we owed money.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not well versed in mafia ways;
I thought that it was still joke phase.

Maerlyn's already seen through your haze
Of lies, rivaling the tangle of the minotaur's maze

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

True, but you're always scum when I'm town and vice versa.

Seems like it but hopefully not true this time (I think we were both town in Rimworld?)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Maerlyn's already seen through your haze
Of lies, rivaling the tangle of the minotaur's maze

Boo hiss *throws tomatoes*

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Maerlyn posted:

Seems like it but hopefully not true this time (I think we were both town in Rimworld?)

Boo hiss *throws tomatoes*

Try slinging rhymes, not rotten fruits
Maters give me the toots

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

That requires us to take the turbo seriously tho. Just seems like a merk level of paranoia if you're town

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Opopanax posted:

That requires us to take the turbo seriously tho. Just seems like a merk level of paranoia if you're town

:colbert:

I maintain that there is no such thing as "joke turbo".

There are turbos that succeed and ones that don't.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like yami’s opening effort here, no pings of any kind at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I don't agree with yami's take here but I'll grant that it seems genuine and not just some weird omgus