Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are no wrong answers in this thread but god drat if Saul doesn’t come as close as it gets. Show has literally gotten better every single season. But anyway

The Walking Dead: season 3 made it clear this show was never gonna be as good as I wanted and then I dropped it a few episodes into s4

Riverdale: season 1 was really fun but the jump to 22-episode seasons killed it and it quickly just became another CW thing.

Archer: literally every episode is exactly the same. I think I made it to towards the end of season 5?

The Witcher: I found s1 to be overall decent but I got half an hour into the s2 premiere and realised I didn’t care about anyone or anything that was happening

This Is Us: eventually the extremely tiring miserable melodrama made it not worth watching for the occasional great episode

Carnivale: really wanted to get into this one but after half of s1 I just wasn’t vibing with it at all

Preacher: agonisingly slow and never had the budget to properly adapt the road trip version of the story so they would stay in one location long after it had outstayed his welcome. great cast but so so boring

Genera+ion: heard good things from people I trust, but aside from some exceptionally funny scenes it just came across as “what if euphoria wasn’t very interesting”

Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/The Punisher: netflix marvel was largely a disaster huh

Terriers: I’ve really tried, okay?! I’ve tried a bunch of times. but I’ve never made it past the halfway point. I’m not sure why it just doesn’t hit me like it does seemingly everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

Atlanta- This is my favorite show on TV. I love this show. Love. It's perhaps the best show that's come out in years. It may be Top 5 all-time for me.

But when Don Glover fucks off for four years to do things he'd seemingly rather do and, when the show is cattle-prodded into finally making its long-awaited return with the two seasons he agreeed to and it's announced those seasons are going to be burned off in less than a year seemingly so Don Glover can gently caress off to do things he'd seemingly rather do, it makes me wonder if I should bother, either.

That’s not an accurate description of what happened. They were like, only a couple days until shooting season 3 in March 2020 before having to shut down, and then it took longer than usual to come back due to shooting all over Europe. In that time, they wrote season 4, so they shot them together. At this point Glover had an option in his Amazon deal to keep doing Atlanta if he wanted, but he decided season 4 was a good end to the show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God the Ozark ending really was god loving awful

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ozark was such a mediocre show and then that finale was absolutely awful

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed the first half of season 2 quite a bit :shobon:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

2) A child developing an aggressively sexual crush on anyone is (iirc) a sign that they've been molested (correct me if I'm wrong), which is not in any way funny.

um

why did you bring this up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Because it was a reason that his crush on the principal was offputting & creepy rather than comically lightheartedly gross like the show thought it was. I can edit it out or spoil it or something though, I was just trying to make a point.

But like

Did you think that was intentional? Do you think that’s what the joke was meant to be? Cos otherwise you’ve just kind of brought up a weird thing with only a tangential connection

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was massively overrated. It was never a quality show at all, it was just kind of compulsively watchable despite being totally average. Probably cos of the performances.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s totally incorrect!!!!! Season 1 wasn’t average it was actively loving terrible

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s a shame. Seasons 4 and 5 are the peak of the show!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Think I dropped that one a few episodes into season 2

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nah seasons 1-3 are, while absolutely a product of their time, really funny and clever in a way the show never reached again when it returned in 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jodie’s second season taught me that the only thing worse than Moffat is Chibnall desperately trying to be Moffat