Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

What drink would she order?

She's tried drinking with her friends a little bit, and of course there were parties in high school and college, but this account is a grown woman now. She'd want a Manhattan or an Old-Fashioned, something that comes in a specific glass with a specific garnish, probably from some fancy mixologist type bar across town.

EDIT
:synpa: birthday drink snipe :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Congratulations, OP's account. I hope for your birthday that your account owner has a giant mega doodoo that makes them asplode off the toilet and through the roof like some kinda gag show bit haha

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

what kind of shoes should i buy?

Reebok pumps and a belt loop holder for the CO2 cartridges. :hmmyes:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

Congratulations, OP's account. I hope for your birthday that your account owner has a giant mega doodoo that makes them asplode off the toilet and through the roof like some kinda gag show bit haha

:blush: May your bowels function spectacularly as well, OP :blush:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you are like tiny baby

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BONER X posted:

you are like tiny baby

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The account is 21 but OP is actually 19 :eyepop:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

The account is 21 but OP is actually 19 :eyepop:

If my pop-pop left me this account in his will, would this fall under the account sharing ban?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

One may not share accounts but one may die that another might become the new highlander.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is your av a picture of you?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No it's the Queen of England.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
High time we got that account deflowered op :heysexy:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Welcome to the club OP. Not sure if pride or shame is appropriate though, being on these forums for 20+ years.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'm actually less attractive, OP

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

High time we got that account deflowered op :heysexy:

:goonsay::btroll::gooncamp:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm sorry for you OP

Naw that was mean I've been here too long too. Congrats and have a nice accout B-day.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

Welcome to the club OP. Not sure if pride or shame is appropriate though, being on these forums for 20+ years.

Thank you. Its a thing, for sure. Like having the same radio station on in the background for 20 years. The music and DJs have changed over time but its still sort of the same thing.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

I'm sorry for you OP

Naw that was mean I've been here too long too. Congrats and have a nice accout B-day.

:tipshat:

:thanks:

We've all been here a long time.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Hello old man

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Why no probes from 2012-2020? Did you take a long break from posting, or were you being a goody goody two shoes?

Edit: Also, happy anniversary. :)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Vampire Panties posted:

My forums account is old enough to legally consume alcohol in the United States today :cheers:

AMA

Lol your account can't rent a car

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Pimpcasso posted:

Hello old man

Greetings slightly younger person

Do you remember when a year in age difference was an astronomical chasm between people?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Are accounts even citizens? How could they rent a car nevermind have a license if... wait are they undocumented? Is this human trafficking? What have I done to you my sweet poor poor account.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BigBadSteve posted:

Why no probes from 2012-2020? Did you take a long break from posting, or were you being a goody goody two shoes?

Edit: Also, happy anniversary. :)

Its pretty easy for me to not :justpost: except in the :chaostrump::lol: thread and now :blyat:thread

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How much time do you think you've spent on the forums altogether?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pixaal posted:

Are accounts even citizens? How could they rent a car nevermind have a license if... wait are they undocumented? Is this human trafficking? What have I done to you my sweet poor poor account.

The computers can now drive cars and have even learned that ACAB and they can run from them.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Lol your account can't rent a car

Not yet

:agesilaus: My account has aspirations to run for president one day :agesilaus:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

sigher posted:

How much time do you think you've spent on the forums altogether?

AMA (but that)

tens of thousands of hours at this point. I've been reading the forums since 1999, working in a call center for a regional cellular carrier. Also the first job where my work computer had an internet connection.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Vampire Panties posted:

AMA (but that)

tens of thousands of hours at this point. I've been reading the forums since 1999, working in a call center for a regional cellular carrier. Also the first job where my work computer had an internet connection.

if you spend an average of 3 hours a day on the forums that's over a thousand hours a year. Tens of Thousands seems completely plausible.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Did you have any Mac clients?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

OP did you have a giganto poo poo and shoot through the roof like u was on a rocket ship

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Vampire Panties posted:

AMA (but that)

this sounds bad

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

if you spend an average of 3 hours a day on the forums that's over a thousand hours a year. Tens of Thousands seems completely plausible.

I doubt that I averaged 3 hours a day over the 21+ years, but I would say an hour a day average over the life of the account is reasonable. There were times I :f5: all day and other times I didnt go on the forums for a few weeks. Also once the forum became forums became subforums, its pretty easy to put threads on a shelf for a month and then come back and read through 1k+ posts.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

Did you have any Mac clients?

I have used a Mac in the totality of my life less time than I've been on the forums this morning.

Is that what you were asking?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

this sounds bad

My experience with/on the forums, and probably the larger internet in general, has solidified my personal belief that nobody in corporate America does anywhere near the actual amount of work anything thinks. Its kinda hosed up my career in ways and skewed me towards individual contributor roles because I can't lie convincingly enough that I believe the corporate horseshit.

EDIT

Also hella had my old jobs COO look over my shoulder while I was browsing the TG Warhams thread and was vaguely interested why I was looking at spacemans at work :shrug: I was out of real work to do? :shrug:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
lol i got shoes older than your accoutn

voted 2

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

what do you think of other subforums

come on let's hear you slag off *spins globe* The Cavern of COBOL?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

lol i got shoes older than your accoutn

voted 2

:smith: Weird Personal Anecdote - this account is definitely one of my oldest possessions. I was moving across the country in 2015 and the moving trailer was stolen and I lost almost everything. :smith:

:gbsmith: but the forums! :gbsmith:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

what do you think of other subforums

come on let's hear you slag off *spins globe* The Cavern of COBOL?

I haven't really dug into the Cavern of COBOL or YOSPOS much, but I wish more of that stuff would surface in Gibbis. I came to the awful forums for the dick jokes in poor taste but one of the reasons I stayed is because of the extreme nerdy technical knowledge within the userbase.

:effort: I built my own PC with the flashy LED lights and water cooling and all of that and I wanna show it off in Gibbis but I'm afraid to make a PC nerds thread :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

If you don't think people willing to spend :10bux: on an internet forum would be amenable to threads about computers with RGB lighting then I dunno what to tell ya

It's hilarious to me that one of the big selling points for PCs these days is literally 'lights wooooooooo! lights!'. not that I'm judging, I have the brain of a budgerigar