Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

BigHead posted:

Is it just me, or is it absurd to put a sniper's nest thing on top of a house that is lower than the directly adjacent tree line? I actually know a guy (who went on to be arrested for tax fraud) that has one of these sniper's nests for his house, but it was classy as hell and looked out on what can only be described as a majestic vista. Not a tree branch 15 feet away.

Yeah I feel that's what's so indefensible about this. I can get behind an insane house, visually-speaking, if the whole point is that you get this awesome room surrounded by windows with an amazing view. But I just don't see that happening here. I'm sure the view is fine, but nothing particularly inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A lone tree, tallest in an somewhat-open space, with a metal roof no less, is probably gonna be a prime target for a good old lightning strike in a storm.

that's true, but also "house struck by lightning, explodes, and you fall 50 ft to your death" is a pretty cool way to go, even if it might be kind of horrible to experience