Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
Don’t get me wrong, the conveniences are great, but on a deeper level I love the transitory feeling of the place. Even in lovely motels, the lack of responsibility for my living space and feeling of being in a little oasis wherever I am are kind of magical. It brings me back to being younger. You can venture out into the world to bring back takeout and beer and feel respectable at the same time. I travel almost every week for work and I think I’m the only person on the crew who enjoys it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Have you watched Another Dirty Room op?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTlHpmJJ_Gk

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Motel interior design peaked back in the 60s:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You should buy a powerful UV light

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
yeah its real cool how u can like cum all over everything and wipe ur rear end with the sheets and stuff and then u just get to take off like LOL l8R suckas!!!!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

"Honey, turn the lights out."

Oh my, Frank, is it 'that' time already?! *blushing*

"God no, but these bed spreads are killing me."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I used to travel a lot and the feeling of walking into your room for the first time and everything is quiet and undisturbed is really great after a long day of traveling.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm currently working in a popular international hotel chain and am in fact on the job at the moment. Any questions?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Same, I spent a long time wondering why I love them so much and realized it is basically like you step out of your normal life on some level and step into the life of a weird minimalist who lives in a dorm instead. Along those same lines, I always find it easier to catch up on random things when in a hotel than at home, since all the random obligations or to-do items that require you to be in your home/hometown/whatever are impossible and thus everything else seems more manageable

Now, the cool adult-oriented perks does not explain why I loved the idea of being a business traveller when I was a kid, so I think that particular aspect of it must be some kind of capitalist fantasy that I have had the good fortune to sort of live out also

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yeah those twins in the elevator are disturbing my rest can you take a look? Thank you.

I haven't been in a motel/hotel in years but I always remember them being nicely kept up on and the service was good. Like everything it must depend on location.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i love checking myself for bedbug bites

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I stayed at the Strater Hotel in Durango, Co last fall on a road trip it was very cool and old and theres apparently ghosts but i didnt see any.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Yaldabaoth posted:

i see that color scheme and i can smell the crack smoke

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm currently working in a popular international hotel chain and am in fact on the job at the moment. Any questions?

How much of the "hotel rooms are parasite infested and have cum stains everywhere!" is just TV hype?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

I stayed at the Strater Hotel in Durango, Co last fall on a road trip it was very cool and old and theres apparently ghosts but i didnt see any.

Enjoy your stay, muahahahhaaaa! :drac:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Ow my eyes

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I love hotels too OP. I forever have good associations with the smell of chlorine and the sound of a refrigerator compressor. The first because it reminds me of the smell of the pools in hotels. The later because I would wander around hotels by myself as a kid when I couldn't sleep on vacations and I always found the sounds of the soda vending machines to be really comforting for some reason.

Also if you have never been on one, you would probably love a cruise.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

You could hear all the smoke detectors beeping in unison from where I was standing.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i like a nice hotel yes

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Smugworth posted:

Have you watched Another Dirty Room op?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTlHpmJJ_Gk

Came here to post this.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Das Boo posted:

You could hear all the smoke detectors beeping in unison from where I was standing.

isnt this the place in LA where that girl mysteriously disappeared and was later found decomposing in the drinking water tank on the roof

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
once a year my parents watch the kids and my wife and i get a marriott affiliated hotel on points in the city and i really like doing that. this past year we stayed in the chatwal on w 44th and the bathroom was to die for, heated everything, bidets on everything, every surface mirrored - it was like tripping but my rear end got way cleaner

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Also, every AirBnB I’ve gotten is 1000x more interesting and cool than any hotel I’ve ever stated at.

EDIT: Okay “interesting” and “cool” may be the wrong words. Because I’ve definitely stayed in some dull rear end AirBnB’s and have stayed in some really cool hotels. I guess I just like to use kitchens and have a backyard to smoke weed in :shrug:

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 22, 2022

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

isnt this the place in LA where that girl mysteriously disappeared and was later found decomposing in the drinking water tank on the roof

Yup! The lobby is supposed to be real pretty, but they won't let you in due to covid restrictions. Same with the Blade Runner building a few blocks away.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
We take a road trip with my husband's family every year to the same place, it's just a thing that they have done for a long time and I just go with it.

We always book a "suite" in the same hotel in this highway rest stop and I am just completely fascinated by it:

What possible purpose could this have been conceived for? I can only assume sex parties for fast food workers that want to "class things up".

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
When I was a dumb teen my fiancee's mom booked us at a Marriot or a Hilton or something and it had a hot tub right in the room itself.

500+ per night I think she said. That's insane but I paid nothing so I used it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does liking SimTower count as a hotel?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I got a hot tub room once and there was no door to the bathroom. Just a nice big entryway three feet from the hot tub. And I really had to take a poo poo. I was lucky that I was with a very understanding woman. She also had to take a poo poo later, but I pretended I was asleep at that time.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Shoulda taken a poo poo in the hot tub and bailed it's not your responsibility to clean! :banjo:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
We rented a hotel room with a hot tub. While the bathroom was *technically* closed off, one of the "walls" was actually a barn style door that didn't close all the way. Just a big ole gap. Whoever was using the toilet had a great view of the bed. This has nothing to do with the hot tub. Hot tub chat just reminded me of the room.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I love the hum of the air conditioner unit under the window. In motels it’s like a jet engine starting up. Completely drowns out all unsavory sounds of whatever lovely place you’re passing through. I’ve had some of the best deadest sleeps of my life in motels.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ralph Hurley posted:

I love the hum of the air conditioner unit under the window. In motels it’s like a jet engine starting up. Completely drowns out all unsavory sounds of whatever lovely place you’re passing through.

First thing I do is turn on that bad boy.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i used to enjoy hotel visits more, but a few years back i had to make frequent work trips from florida to the west coast (NV and CA) in the winter, and now i have a strong association with getting my hands blasted with enormous static shocks on every hotel door handle and card reader. i still find myself flinching around hotel door handles to this day, even in the middle of a humid summer.

also, i remember waking up in the middle of my first night out in vegas, mouth dry as a bone, and wanting to get a drink of water. i started to lift the sheet up to get out of bed and i heard static electricity begin to crackle as the sheet separated from the other bedding. as i continued, the hotel room actually lit up like lightning from small static discharges.

don't know how people live in deserts, my body that has been accustomed to 90% humidity for almost 40 years just can't handle it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ralph Hurley posted:

I love the hum of the air conditioner unit under the window. In motels it’s like a jet engine starting up. Completely drowns out all unsavory sounds of whatever lovely place you’re passing through. I’ve had some of the best deadest sleeps of my life in motels.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Heck you get a few box fans and you can re-create that experience right at home. That's how I sleep. Maybe some Zzzquil too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I run a box fan at home even when its cold. Its just in a corner for noise.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
At the rate things are going it might be cheaper to rent a hotel than it is living OP

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
gross sex is best in a cheap motel IMO

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's a nice feeling, entering a clean quiet motel room after a long day on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm worried there are hidden cameras recording me touching my ding ding and not showering