Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Just do nothing next time

Oh look you found the 2024 campaign slogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

that whole article is complete bullshit.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Feb 28, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
oh nice the rental unit supply is growing by 15 percent! oh wait what are the new unit rates starting at?

newly built apartments near me start at $1800 a month. median income in the county is $34000.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Feb 28, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

all new housing development here is homes for rent only and way out in the country. :nutshot:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
being not familiar with that area at all it doesnt seem bad aside from the price tag. better a repurposed farm field than a demolished forest area.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

My rent is going up by 600 which is like... 25% and my landlord called me "persnickety" when I called to ask about it.

Persnickety, a word which means "placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details; fussy."

Unfortunately they can't do anything about it because the computer decided that's what rent should be. There's no human in charge you see, its the computer that raised my rent.

25% a month? toronto or nyc? jfc

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
im thinking about living in a van.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

palindrome posted:

That looks real uncomfortable unless you're very short. I would be bashing the back of my skull into that slope, especially first thing in the morning trying to wake up and shower. Hellish, lol

I do like the little plant in the shower though, everyone needs a lil' plant buddy. more than you need a shower curtain evidently

the faucet is completely flush against the shower. id be bashing my legs into it for sure.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2120-Sidney-St-Pittsburgh-PA-15203/11290774_zpid/

I went to see this house, the gutters are majorly hosed on all sides and the brick is damaged by water leaking from those gutters. Easily a five figure fix. There's one bathroom in the house and it's off the main bedroom. Third floor stairs are in a closet in the main bedroom. Went contingent in one week because it's got the HGTV gray poo poo.

that nice low 1.62 tax rate though :smith:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

City earned income tax is 3% and there will absolutely be a reassessment after sale to what they paid at 22.99 mills

Is that on top of Pennsylvania state income tax? I'm not getting it.

nevermind i googled it. it seems it is. wtf?

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Apr 27, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my boomer dad is sad because he couldn’t buy a 8x15” plot of land for $20000 in time and now has to deal with someone that wants to use it as a boat launch and they’re suing each other because he claims the property is land locked and access to the water is trespassing by a couple feet. gently caress property owners. he wonders why I barely talk to him.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

easy solution here that doesnt involve setting foot outside the plot and that guy can still call it a "boat launch"

how, magic?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
a house i was interested in sold for 50,000 over asking price so thats cool. barely anything on market lately, back to renting i guess.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
what recession?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
think ill just settle for a fight club house

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my spouse thinks we can afford a house lmao lol get fuckin real

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
SURE LETS JUST GET A REALTOR THEYLL JUST SNAP THEIR FINGERS AND MAKE EVERYTHING GOOD ITS SOOOO EASSSSSYYYYYYYYYY

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

I'm selling a house if you're in Pittsburgh

lol she says we can move only if we get all the ketchup.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

If you're looking for a house to rent in Pittsburgh, I'll be your landlord.

:mods:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Plans change, odd how that happens

If you're looking for a house to rent in Pittsburgh, I'll be your landlord.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao oh poo poo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
fun fact: guillotines!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:eyepop:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
looks like the perfect place for an earthquake.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

thanks brandon

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

my brother went to look at this house and as far as he can tell they're including the basement, the garage, and the outbuilding in this figure

do you miss renting?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my starter house was a trash can

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
im going to look at a house on saturday. 920 sqft. wish me luck lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

cool av posted:

just hope it sucks just the right amount that you want it but nobody else does

i think it just might... just signed off on the initial offer so it's in the sellers court now. :sweatdrop: i didnt waive inspection though.

i checked out another house today that was flipped in a rush. the paint barely had one coat on in places and the basement was a mess.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
didnt get the house. i went 20% over asking price too. probably should've waved the loving inspection.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
maybe im suppose to buy a shithole and pay to get it somewhat renovated?

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Jul 18, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

A Bad King posted:

a structurally unsound shithole is a deathbed. good luck, goon.

does your realtor have private listings from their broker firm? sometimes that's a good thing to look into. we found ours through an unlisted private sale through the brokers' shared firm. the owners were planning to go public within a month, we gave them an easy way to sell before having to do the whole rigamarole of preparing the home for showings etc.

ill ask but i doubt it.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
blah i dont know wtf im rambling about

but yeah im not serious about waiving it. im not desperate yet...

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Jul 18, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

One of my attic bats got into the main space. Bats!!

my spouse who does bat rescues would own your house in a heartbeat.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
good day to learn that my area is having some of the lowest listings in time and prices jumped 5% in less than a year. houses are somehow selling a week after I see them listed.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I live in upstate ny. guess I’m suppose to put in the offer on the same day but it’s kinda hard.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Jul 21, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
LETS JACK THOSE RATE UP JAY! loving DO IT YOU loving BITCH

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I looked at another house today and it was covered in a nice layer of mouse poo poo and all the windows were hosed up. also electrical panel looked like a rats nest. no way I’m dumping money in that place.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

This guy is confusing "the housing market is strong" and "people need a place to live"

housing market is strong which is why foreclosures are going up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
looked at another house. yes im probably going to waive inspection. house seemed in good shape and there's no guarantee that the inspector wont miss anything. im basically in a hopeless situation based on how dire the market is so gently caress it.