Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the appraisal district in Austin doubled my property's appraisal this year, lol. i thought i avoided getting owned after snagging a house last year, but no, i am still getting owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

TehSaurus posted:

File your homestead exemption dummy. You'll still be owned, but at least it caps the rate at which you get... more owned?

yeah but I bought a year ago and there’s a year long gap until homestead kicks in so I’m thoroughly owned

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Lacrosse posted:

My loan officer was actively talking me out of 20% down. They kept insisting on 3.5% because the PMI would be so low it'd be better to save the rest of the down-payment for something else.

lol yeah i spent years saving up 20% and it stopped me from buying in 2018 or 2019 when I could have. That would have saved me so much money. I did end up putting 20% down, even though some of that went to paying an appraisal gap

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I've never heard anything about Pittsburgh in my life or from anyone I have worked with and now I'm hearing about it constantly

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

people can't stop talking about Pittsburgh!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

house expensive

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

19 o'clock posted:

what’s the point of even working anymore. just…why?

there's joy to be had in a job well done

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

bag foundation

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

actionjackson posted:

look at the size of this loving kitchen, you can't even fit it all in one pic. it's almost bigger than my home

how many loving cabinets do you need, there's like 50 doors and drawers just in this pic, what the gently caress are they putting in these

those appliances are probably 10-15k alone. of course you could also upgrade to the pelosi package of a separate subzero fridge and freezer (10k each), wolf wall oven, and whatever else and prob spent 35k just on those. don't forget the 5k miele built in coffee maker

That's the guest facing kitchen. There's another kitchen area for caterers and personal chefs that's more industrial in form and function behind a door. The cabinets in that picture are almost empty

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nice dishwasher rear end in a top hat

turn on your monitor

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

scandinavian design is a fancy term for “how ikea stuff looks”

Scandinavian design is when I have a huge house with a poo poo ton of storage that makes it so that I can hide all of my shameful belongings and any other signs that the home is occupied by humans that love each other

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

houses

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

shrike82 posted:

i'd be surprised if the majority of posters over 35 don't own a place

home ownership is still pretty common

the only posters over 35 who own in an area that isn’t blasted out or remote are pmc/computer touching white collars or have generational wealth (aka mommy and daddy bought them a house or most of a house because they got married or something)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

nvm

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

UKJeff posted:

That seems suspiciously low, idk what the market for manufactured homes is but $30k for a studio sized home w a yard area seems like a bargain. I like the interior too

pullman is in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing nearby except for wheat fields and idaho

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

NYC people hire attorneys for everything, it’s attorneys all the way down

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

becoming a kid guy requires you to complain about free time and to find a way to relate everything to parenthood

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

wtf. i remember being disgusted seeing new braunfels houses going for 400k. there aint poo poo out there

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol where the gently caress is new braunfels

between austin and san antonio, closer to san antonio. it has a water park called Schlitterbahn. and some german stuff

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Jun 15, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I thought the entire point of Texas was that it sucked but there was a lot of it, what’s the point if houses there are a million bucks too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8atdc-Vk1E

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

actionjackson posted:

wait what haha

sounds vaguely familiar tho
proread
https://www.texasmonthly.com/true-crime/jeff-henry-verruckt-schlitterbahns-tragic-slide/

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

looks janky as gently caress

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 01:48 on Jun 15, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

The next post is the more interesting one:
https://twitter.com/nickgerli1/status/1673775106793828352?s=20

There are so many Airbnbs. gently caress them all.

I'm in Austin about 2 miles away from downtown and probably 30% of the houses near me are Airbnbs. Theres a big airbnb behind me and the owners are old boomers and are constantly renting it out to groups of women all going WOOOOO or men going YEEAAAH until 2am. I think I'd be near about good if all of these fuckers lost their poo poo and sold, i don't give a gently caress about equity or my house price

I hate Airbnb so much

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I stuck a mailbox on the place I'm moving to yesterday

i'm going to slap a house of the month plaque on my house too

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yes, that's why I'm going to put one on my house

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

this is an abandoned house that's gutted inside and they still added the "glowing windows and sunset sky" filter

*realtor voice* sun soaked HELL HOLE

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Beached Whale posted:

Isn't Austin so ridiculously hot and humid in the summer to the point where you have to stay inside where there's air conditioning?

imo it is unbearable July-August but the weather is good for the rest of the year except for the 3-5 days of real winter per year. (unbearable to me are relentless stretches of dew points above 70 or lows above 75)

I keep my thermostat set to 80 though 24/7 and exercise outside daily, I may be poisoned.

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Jul 11, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

lmao 40% of Americans would instantly die in an 80 degree house

my grandparents had an old un-air conditioned house I’d go to in the summer. as long as you have a fan and aren’t expecting to be in a meat locker in a hot and humid place, it’s fine imo. but I’m also not obese and have been in Texas most of my life

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i say swears online posted:

they refer to sex as "play"

:catstare:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the trick is to have so much money that it’s not a problem if the 150k improvement sitting on the 800k lot is falling apart. you can spend your way through it or just remodel it or bulldoze and rebuild. or sit on it, eventually bulldoze it and sell it for profit because the land value has grown so much that it surpasses its previous value with a house sitting on it. people don’t talk about this trick enough when it comes to buying a home

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

One of my attic bats got into the main space. Bats!!

it’s his house, he’s supposed to be there!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

flying puppies pissing and making GBS threads from my ceiling

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol what the gently caress is happening in Iowa when twelve stairs you might climb a few times a week are just too many stairs for people approaching the ripe old age of 40

70 is middle aged now???

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

e: nvm

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 14:39 on Jul 24, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gonna insulate that shed and run plumbing and electric to it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i am harry posted:

no that’s the sort of thing an inspection should catch

new roof is, what, like 15-20K?
new ac is like 5k
new water heater is 3k

new ac is at least $10k these days at an absolute minimum. $12k may be a more realistic floor. prices surged since 2020

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the wallpaper and the decorative plates have me feeling really nostalgic. I can smell the cigarette smoke and hear the 90s bulls game on in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this is doing some stuff and I don't think it's bad. way more interesting than white/beige/black minimalism or whatever the boring rear end trend is right now. i dislike wall to wall carpet but that's hardly worth commenting on