Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Twin Cities are pretty nice and there are affordable not-poo poo neighborhoods with good schools. Also the politics aren't completely awful because the outstate population is completely overwhelmed by the cities and the suburbs were generally repelled by Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm still dealing with the identity shock of being a lifelong marxist that graduated into the 2008 recession and that lived like I was totally broke for a decade regardless of how much I was making, to having the fortune to be able to buy a townhouse in early 2020 at 2.7% and watching the value skyrocket 25%

am... am I lib now???

Same but with a condo.

Bought for $252 in 2020 and it's already up to $298.

IDK. I feel fortunate. But the fact that I'm benefiting in a system that rear end-fucks so many people makes me feel like poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

text editor posted:

lol exactly, my place could triple in value but what am I gonna do, sell it and move in another place that tripled in value or rent from somewhere that had a 300% price increase

But also I believe the actual value of my townhouse should be like half of what I paid for it

Yeah, but you've got equity. You can take out loans against that to buy other stuff.

What other stuff? Who knows? What do people even buy in these doomed final days?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

let me tell you about my starter home that i bought so i could get on the property ladder

Turn it into an Airbnb and sleep in a dumpster.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Thing about houses is that you can have sex in them and cops won't arrest you like they will if you do it on the street.