Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I pay $1400 to live in the one of the suburb valleys of Los Angeles in a 1br apartment. I got insanely lucky when I found this place as it's fairly spacious, has a parking space in a lot, is cool with my dog, and the landlord doesn't talk to me about poo poo and hasn't raised the rent since I went month to month.

I got engaged last month and we're talking about moving (fleeing) to Michigan to be close to fresh water and be at a higher latitude in anticipation of climate change. We also loving hate slogging through traffic and crowds to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

meanolmrcloud posted:

I’ve posted about cheap houses in Detroit in the doomsday thread, but it sure looks like everything rehabbable is being bought up, with everything else being left to absolute ruin. a quick look at the stats and yep, even in extraordinarily undesirable rustbelt cities surrounded by blight, homes have gone up on average by 28% in the last year.

Then why not just demolish the bad house and put tomorrow's bad house in its place?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Nice and hot piss posted:

I touch COVID people and open hearts (not one after the other) and I only was able to afford a house after I married someone who does the same ICU work that I do, no kids.

Being a nurse in the healthcare industry doesn't pay as good as it should

I touch computers in the healthcare industry around covid people and open hearts. Almost 10 years of experience, 5 figgies nevertheless. I have 1br apartment and I'm just waiting for the day the landlord remembers I'm still here and raises the rent.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

we need to start treating it as a cartel. especially as the objective function is likely written to produce that outcome.

print(rent+500);

wow look the computer told us to raise rent