Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

like, zoinks scoob!

*70% of paychecks go to housing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I will stop trying to time the market and instead gobble up whatever I am able.

just need to buy asap so that I can stay in the community I love.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i want shelter

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Man Musk posted:

House experience: we bought a house way out in the exurbs. Within a month, all that poo poo became unaffordable. Hail Allah.

good for you :) I am happy that you secured a nice home for you and your loved one.

I’d personally be more accepting of moving out into the burbs if I already had a significant other. But I don’t. so if I want to date seriously I need to be somewhere denser and with young people.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

what resource would provide information of how much housing stock is bought up by capital vs bought up by people?

is there some gov site that has aggregates?

would that be listed with assessor data one by one?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love my CSPAM comrades

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

crash already so I can buy!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

re: these types of cabinets - serious question for the thread.

why is it that sometimes the style *looks* extremely expensive and contemporary and other times the style *looks* extremely cheap? like basically ikea cabinetry.

I’m serious, at first I thought it was exclusively the impact of the handles but it seems to be more than that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

but it looks almost the same

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i say swears online posted:

now run a mister coffee under both for five years and see what happens

I’m aware.

I just find it curious that sometimes that style of cabinetry looks amazing and other times that style of cabinetry looks cheap plus poopy.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Casey Finnigan posted:

the bathtub at my place is too small to actually take a bath in. it's designed for people who are 4'6" or something. it's bullshit

they are so tiny, op

I want to be in the tub, not just my
legs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

it is worthwhile to finance a time machine. you could pay it off by purchasing two homes at the right time.

I want shelter.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's starting compensation for FAANG btw

gross

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I would like housing prices to go down in places that I actually want to live, rather than Duvall or Gig Harbor

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

some people say housing is a human right

others say it is an opportunity for passive income

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

Just don't have friends IMO. The only personal contacts that have been to our house since we moved in a year ago are a couple of my running friends to get a quick drink of water, and my parents a couple of times.

Our realtor wants to meet us for dinner and see what we've done to the place and it's like lol why

you already have your life partner, that’s cheating the social game!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

it’s wild that a not-insignificant percent of the population has lived on a college campus: which is a great example of pedestrian oriented urban design…

and yet many people still hate anything denser than Detached single family homes

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bawfuls posted:

not that wild, they associate college life with cramped dormitory living where you share a bathroom with a dozen other people

okay so instead of 400 sf dorms with two peoples make it 800 sf apartments with private bathrooms for one peoples.

I get your point tho

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This is what dorms are now. The days of two or three to a room and a bathroom down the hall are over, schools are building suite style dorms to attract students and have been for some time.

In that case, I was right all along.

Hopefully that helps the next generation realize how awesome condensed smart urbanism can be for quality of life.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

boo boo bear posted:

one of my grandmas used to have carpeted floor in her bathroom. absolutely terrifying experience.

Jesus… difficulty of a dark souls…

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

IAMKOREA posted:

I mean do it, you totally can dude. If you can get through calc and diffy q you can learn to code well enough to get a job in a few months. Highly recommend Harvard's cs50, it got me a job

what job did it get you? pleasure share your journey. I am interested and looking for hope.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i say swears online posted:

there are a lot of idiots making 150k and are paycheck to paycheck

I am consistently shocked by this even though it seems to be almost as common as not.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheSlutPit posted:

IMO the main drivers of this are the FOMO ppl who needed to get into the housing market *now* and financially overextended themselves during covid. There are a lot of these people, anecdotally, and it seems like they are getting hosed.

I was trying to be this person, didn’t happen.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

there are only two classes, comrade

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I can only afford housing if I have a life partner because then we can split costs lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i love the large glowing rectangle

e: C-euro is lying i know for a fact that he is not boring. His hobby is running though which is relatively low cost :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Incroyable

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Agean90 posted:

rent values have been rapidly increasing the past few months and will continue to do so, making calls on what monthly amount will get you what where is premature, and the product of this forums being filled with computer touchers who use leftwing politics as a way to fulfill their pathological desire to be right online

I would like housing

being correct online is a close second tho

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

save us, comrade guillotine

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

"Out" of Seattle. The ones I know moved to Bellevue, Redmond, and Maple Valley.

2 of those 3 places are even more expensive than Seattle proper!!! :monocle:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doc Hawkins posted:

sure, and i am personally happy to go down with the sinking ship of my country, but i do not blame people for not wanting to share that decision, and not all relocation is colonization

still, if life events led me to change my mind, i'd just go to the last place not corrupted by capitalism: unoccupied Korea

https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d like to expat but I also like my friends and family who live here. also my job doesn’t translate well overseas rip

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

why is the line going up in the 07 crash?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

he was living in nyc at the time he applied and he is income verified for the specific affordable unit

this is a nothing story and I don’t know why you posted it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i lust for the drop in housing prices

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

in 15 years the entire Phoenix area will be an abandoned blight as degrading ecological conditions continue to make it even less hospitable

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

anime was right posted:

hoping this guy is correct i want a house!!!!!!!

whoa, me too!

high five comrade let’s give our spirit energy to Goku

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

hit da bricks susan!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i think the data shows for 2008 crash:

Seattle went down
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS42644Q

Austin stayed flat
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS12420Q

Portland went down
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS38900Q

San Francisco went down
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS41884Q

LA went down
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS31084Q

Denver stayed flat
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS19740Q

Ornery and Hornery has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Jun 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

err posted:

My gfs parents sold this week and had to accept under asking and held 3 open houses. This is 45 minutes from Seattle.

45 minutes from Seattle is no longer Seattle