Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
About a year ago I got a telemarketing call from some lady asking to buy my house. I said 'OK I'll take $900k". After a minute of 'checking' she said that was way too much. Looking at the price of my house today I would say I was ahead of the game. The offer would not be so unreasonable. Just a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Airbnb going to full remote model globally - 'Compensation won't change for those Airbnb employees who choose to move. Starting in June, the company will have single pay tiers by country. '

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Home prices increased like 20% over the past year. How uniform is that? Like if you were able to come up with 10% down on a $1M and swing the $5k/mo payments you could sell in a year or two with a substantial windfall. Is there turnover housing data pointing to a segment of buyers treating home purchases as a short term stock trade?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

"The National Association of Realtors (NAR) reported that international buyers combined to purchase $59 billion worth of U.S. residential properties between April 2021 and March 2022, up 8.5% from the same period one year earlier. Chinese Investors accounted for $6.1 billion dollars in home purchases, totaling over 10% of the market. "

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Why we need to cut taxes so people can afford things like homes versus having the government take it all.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Life imitates art

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfBEnBw01A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Beached Whale posted:

What if we did reverse mortgages, but worse

In this situation how do they determine the sell price of the house? Do they at least meet the value based on the tax assessment? I'm assuming they do not pay market rates.