Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i got rejected for a trailer loan after my mortgage pre-approval was laughable for this town. paying more than half of my take home income in rent now to live above someone else’s garage, hooray!

Rauros has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Apr 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

that house jumped in and was like "wheeeeee!"

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

anime was right posted:

all of the people who got to work from home in bozeman montana suddenly have to abandon their houses to move back to the bay area and austin lol. having a sub 30 minute commute, especially with high gas prices, is gonna be what grabs people again.

don't dox my unsuccessful dating life.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Schmeichy posted:

I'm closing on a mobile home in some land in the sticks. Gonna remote work a save on rent while living my dream life. Had issues because apparently nobody will finance a home that's too small, and ended up with over 6% Apr.

i got rejected for a mobile home loan because of my student loans :c00l:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

the city commission here is getting called out for addressing the the affordable housing crisis by building a bunch more housing.

quote:

We would like to pose a question to the Bozeman City Commission. Imagine we could wave a magic wand and dramatically increase Bozeman’s housing supply overnight. Let’s say we could wake up tomorrow to 1,000 new units of all kinds of housing. Do you think the average housing price would decrease?

Our hunch is that most, if not all of you, believe the answer is yes. Your actions are those of people who believe unaffordability in housing is caused mostly by low supply in the market, and that we can build our way to affordability. But we suggest that is a false premise. We don’t have a supply problem in our market; instead, we have a market that caters to Wall Street instead of answering the needs of working Bozemanites.

If we woke up tomorrow to 1,000 brand-new housing units, they would be snatched up by same people who are snatching them up today: 20 percent would go to wealthy people from Bozeman who can afford to move up or invest; fifty percent would go to wealthy newcomers; and the remaining thirty percent would go to out-of-state investors.
https://mountainjournal.org/bozeman-a-city-touted-as-icon-of-american-prosperity-has-deep-affordable-housing-crisis

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

congrats on the peace and serenity of extricating yourself from the landlord yoke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?