Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

but it looks almost the same

now run a mister coffee under both for five years and see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m aware.

I just find it curious that sometimes that style of cabinetry looks amazing and other times that style of cabinetry looks cheap plus poopy.

for me it's any shiny design, no matter how expensive. just looks like trash. matte all day baby

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

Sorry but pumping money into a house just for sale doesn't actually make sense.

why would i put new tires on this car i'm selling, seems like a waste

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

an acquaintance of mine is constantly talking about minimalism and letting go of belongings, but what it means in practice is that he just hires people to do laundry, dishes, yardwork, home repair, and then eats out all the time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why do you like concrete more than granite?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

from my friend's experience there are no shortage of late-20s women who just wants a dude with a house and hot tub 25 minutes from the city

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

housing market: putting liquidity in hot tubs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

c-spam needs a lil down to the countryside cleanse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everyone that owns a home and posts itt has to list their home addresses for crash spots for when the rest of us are vagabonds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shrike82 posted:

it'd be funny if there were material differences in home ownership rate by sub-forum

it's definitely statistically significant

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this always makes me lol

some of my friends that sell software make 20x what i do, with >50% of that income coming from investments. what's the proper terminology

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OxMan posted:

Can't post in the covid thread either cause if they knew how the poor immunocompromised have been dealing through the pandemic without E L A S T O M E R I C S they'd have a fit and accuse us of trying to kill them.

lmao everyone in that thread should be forced to work in a hotel for a month

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

going to doxx myself with a metal bracelet this fall when I die of exposure

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bonelessdongs posted:

I stopped looking for houses because all it did was make me feel like poo poo and start thinking thoughts best left in a shack in Montana

same

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

polycule discrimination is the new civil rights issue of our time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i need like 1.2 million people in the austin area to move to chicago plz

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm trying to get my cousin outside Austin to move to Colorado. At least the rent is affordable in my area.

No dice so far. I don't get what he sees in the place anymore. He's a musician and says the local scene has gone to poo poo.

the music scene is awful. live music is dead. i used to hang out in smoky bars when i was eighteen and listen to bands all the time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

it’s also like way the gently caress out in the middle of goddamn nowhere

it is extremely far away from anything that's not a ski resort lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

overland park is the worst town in america and it's not even close

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

people keep fleeing Hungary, I bet that's cheap

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

Home prices increased like 20% over the past year. How uniform is that? Like if you were able to come up with 10% down on a $1M and swing the $5k/mo payments you could sell in a year or two with a substantial windfall. Is there turnover housing data pointing to a segment of buyers treating home purchases as a short term stock trade?

you gotta live somewhere, and people tend to move to more expensive places each time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

thats a steal

yeah, it's not even anchored to the foundation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i thought a friend of mine at amazon earned like 140k/year but turns out it's closer to 320k. he's a loving idiot with a serious drinking problem. hearing that number made me hyperventilate; 60k/year may as well be infinite money to me, that would triple my income. i'm going to die poor and i don't know what to do about it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's been impossible to hang out with my friends downtown the last couple years just because they go to expensive places but i'm finding it super hard to show up at bbqs and pool parties now too because we just have zero in common

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

yeah sure let me just blow 2 hours of wages to buy a single moscow mule or g&t at a fancy farm2table bar lol

they are baffled that i think this way. it's an entirely different language, i'm just making monkey noises

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

you don’t have to be friends with your class enemies

but i get a lot of brisket

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wolfs posted:

hi thread i bought a house 20 miles outside of austin in fall 2020 for $187k

Zillow thinks it’s worth a cool half a million now

its a 1500 sq ft 3 bed/2 bath

what do

lol manor, right? hope you enjoy tesla traffic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is it a regional thing?

seems like an early 80s thing to me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

90% of american tile in the 70s was from the shah's iran, supply chains in '80 were hosed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god linoleum is so easy to clean

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

err posted:

What the hell happened to this thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joey Steel posted:

Why aren't they hooking you up with a job that pays well like them?

my internalized "more money = better than" has murdered my self esteem and I wallow in pity instead of improving things because it seems so daunting. I see my friends in do-nothing makework jobs and honestly tell myself I couldn't do it; I've never worked in an office or gotten a salary before and I'm 37 so it all seems so impossible because I graduated into the 2008 recession and nothing ever gets better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i only got through triggy noms

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah but like most people when they get more money just kind of spend more money on poo poo they don't really need, kinda like how people when they move to a bigger house or apartment just end up filling that space up with stuff too

I just wanna go to the dentist, man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I've painted plenty of rooms for like $75?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

lmao how big was the room

about three afternoons' worth I guess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looks like someone splurged on something other than watercolor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wolfs posted:

don’t you have a masters degree

friend nepotism should get you climbing the ladder

you’re credentialed enough

a lot of it is psychological, I've already convinced myself I would fail. been applying to salaried positions for fifteen straight years now and get like an interview every six-eight months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol it's been a couple years but I paid for linkedin premium to message a bunch of recruiters and the few that responded just said "sorry can't help". it was pretty devastating, but I definitely give up too easily on these things