Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

median US household is 67 K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bonelessdongs posted:

lmao I thought 90k for a trailer was ridiculous but now there's a trailer going for 175k and 300/month in park fees. I have a friend who bought a house with a few acres for around that price three years ago

lol

up here I looked at a trailer you could stick your fingers through the siding that had been used to board large numbers of cats.

firm 800,000

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

oh hey so y’all know pretty sure Redfin is using data from their mortgage calculator to inform their estimated sales price for listings.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

CongoJack posted:

I think there is plenty of room in the thread for tech workers who bought a house for themselves and normal people to hate on class traitors and aspirational landlords together.

listening in to some single tech workers talking about the houses they offered this last week. the late forties overweight lady wanted a house way out here in the woods so she could build a ropes course in the trees on it. the other person younger appearing LBGTQ was talking about how after not getting this property they would be looking in Hyak.

hyak has a bike trail head bathroom. that’s about all there is to Hyak.

I’m still processing this.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

what, like Snoqualmie Pass Hyak?

I mean, good mountains, seems like it was bound to go that way after Issaquah blew up

I threw up in a parking lot at midnight in Hyak once! I wasn't drinking, I was running an ultramarathon

yes up in the pass Hyak. yeah that parking lot for the iron horse trail is about it. apparently north bend is the trendy cool place now. going to be real funny next year when they get snowed in for a couple weeks.

poemdexter posted:

Imagine having the desire and means to own a house and you just can't.

don’t have to imagine.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

actionjackson posted:

you are welcome friend

how the gently caress is the average earners' mortgage capacity 469k

it’s probably household, yeah it’s labeled 2 X 40 hour workers

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

views on properties in Redfin have fallen collapsed really. from hundreds the first v day of list to less than a hundred.

everybody is filtering for a lower max price.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bonelessdongs posted:

I stopped looking for houses because all it did was make me feel like poo poo and start thinking thoughts best left in a shack in Montana

for me this is the: this is my hole it was made for me, window to home ownership.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

again they both use the mortgage calculators in inform those estimates so somebody was trying to figure out if that zestimate amount was affordable lmao.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

House without anything wrong out here in a good location didn’t sell (in one weekend). Sellers raised price 40,000 and relisted. lmao.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I’m seeing price drops in Duvall and gig harbor.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

my mortgage originator

“I am beginning to see a lot more reasonable offers being accepted at or below listing price. “

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

pogi posted:

. I’m in a field I like, doing work I feel fulfilled by.

this is used to under pay you.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Redfin market insights for April

that line is fake though they’re making up that garbage.

it’s still means it’s bad and prices are dropping

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They're all moving out of Seattle, my coworkers who live in places like Renton and Tukwila say their rents are skyrocketing. Lol

a 2 bedroom rental with a office in north bend is now like 4,000 a month.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

good I would like them to stop coming out here

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

my room until I was about ten was the second level of a closet. after that I was on a screen roomed exterior porch in Florida until I went to the academy. before I was born my parents lived in a tiny airstream uh down by the river. my dad remembers living in a farm work house in WV (think like a of mice and men type bunk house) as small child.

it’s fine to have space to live folks.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

in fact it should be a goddamn right to have adequate space to live

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

yeah zestimate is high.

Redfin estimator gets it right but only the day before a sale by using the mortgage calculator to steal the max offer somebody is going to make.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

I have just learned that mortgage rates are going back down a bit

But only for jumbo loans

So really you'd be an idiot to get a mortgage for less than a million dollars

:chloe:

out here price per square ft on some of the million dollar properties is 277. on the 1000 ft homes it is as high a 700.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rauros posted:

i got rejected for a mobile home loan because of my student loans :c00l:

try a different lender if you can.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

We had no bathrooms during a renovation and 24 hour nationwide gym chains seem like a real innovation in homelessness. Thirty-three bucks a month gets you hot showers, potable water, and a place to charge devices in addition to an opportunity to getting swole. My local even has a tv lounge area by the occasionally staffed smoothie bar. If you hit the place after 11, nine times out of ten it's your private facility.

I remember at the beginning of the pandemic there were articles about people doing this who suddenly couldn’t because of the pandemic.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

anime was right posted:

southwest outside of cali was the first domino last time too. nice

where I live on the East side suburbs will be the last hot market before the correction.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

only things above 800,000 are sticking around here.

don’t have to bid 150,000 over anymore though and don’t have to waive everything.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

out here we got one like that.

she opposed the new apartment complex and delayed it a couple years. she doesn’t actually live in town proper. she moved out here from Bellevue only a couple years before. but she has strong opinions about that empty field being “quintessentially *redacted small town* “. used to see her approach folks in the grocery store about it before covid.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

also Jesus Christ why didn’t anyone ever tell how good a deal points can be.

fake edit: because I never had the money for them.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Schmeichy posted:

Lol my mortgage broker just called and I might be boned. The lender doesn't like that it's a park model manufactured home even though I already paid the earnest money and got an approval letter and have ended my current lease and gotten rid of all my stuff aaaaa

does it have a HUD plate?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

err posted:

Nomadland is a documentary

having grown up in seasonal trailer park...

it was like these are my people. it really loving nailed the whole thing.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a few class As on ebay under $20k, but they're all 20+ years old. Some are pretty clean though.

my parents bought a 30 + year old class A for 2000 once. it was pretty good until somebody siphoned the gas out and they didn’t notice. the sludge at the bottom of the gas tank killed the engine the next time they started it and that was that.

edit: if you are already living in one of these communities they’ll come up cheaper. people sell them off to friends when they are going to die.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Tennessee just passed a law banning camping on public lands in an attempt to gently caress over the homeless

it also hosed over people like me, who bikepack and won't be going to Tennessee now

:psyduck:

I get they’re trying to own the homeless. but don’t they know how much camping tourism they had?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The RV parks in Colorado Springs are like $1k a month. It's nuts.

that’s pretty normal now. most of the independent parks have been bought up by big chains.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

nothing is listing on the low segment.

mid segment buyers have dropped down to low segment and those still sell when if they list.

anything above the ceiling sits.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

they listed small 3-2 town houses theyre now building way the gently caress out by me for 900,000. they aren’t selling.

sat on the lots too long fuckers

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

reset that price point now fuckers.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

too late on Tacoma but the island still is occasionally affordable

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Bastard Tetris posted:

You have to gently caress up real bad to lose earnest money.

they were giving it away in Jan / Feb / Mar. unrefundable for any reason earnest money that is a gift to the seller if the buyer backs out for any reason.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

it’s just like the last two or three weeks that any seller would even entertain a contingent offer here.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ll say though I’m kind of pissed it’s cooling now.

this is the problem I was in lease and in September. had to choose to renew in august. rates are rising, prices starting to loosen but lol any gains there are much smaller than rate increases.

it is still cheaper to buy than continue to rent lmao.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ebola Roulette posted:

Ugh due to a lovely property management company I'm trying to buy a house. Even with interest rates at almost 6% the market here is still so hot people are waiving contingencies.

I'm expecting the bottom to fall out at any time and yet

:shepspends:

a reminder the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

yeah I wasn’t in a bad mood so I went with the original Keynes and not my own modification from the doomsday thread.

actionjackson posted:

ah ok, what is going to happen to all of those old condos dating back to the 1960s that haven't collected the proper amount of dues in decades?

special assessments