Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

no one does 20% down without a gift and it's annoying that people pretend it's a thing. you do 5% down and eat the $100 a month PMI, because housing inflation goes faster than being able to save

Just be rich!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bi crimes posted:

the appraisal district in Austin doubled my property's appraisal this year, lol. i thought i avoided getting owned after snagging a house last year, but no, i am still getting owned

File your homestead exemption dummy. You'll still be owned, but at least it caps the rate at which you get... more owned?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bi crimes posted:

yeah but I bought a year ago and there’s a year long gap until homestead kicks in so I’m thoroughly owned

Oh poo poo is that new? I think ours started at the purchase price

Edit: Nevermind ours did start at the purchase price, but the year after was a negligible adjustment so maybe it was always like this :rip: your money I guess

Also lmao the building valuation went up 30% last year which means my house made more money than I did last year what the gently caress

TehSaurus has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Apr 22, 2022