Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I liked FURULSBUTING SIMWLLATOR as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The words that these things spit out are some of my favorite. They're kind of like the stuff mad magazine would come up with for parody names. I like Frank Fatank!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Holy gently caress some of these are good!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Figured I'd try it out. Some highlights.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, here's some more highlights:

I was trying to get a beautiful god with a beard but with male and female qualities. It doesn't like that and blocks it. Anything to do with fighting, race, skin color or even something that could be construed as bad if you turn your head sideways is blocked.

Attempts at something poignant

Attempts at describing Hotel California

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

captures how I feel about salads.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Does anyone else feel almost dirty generating these images? I'm not even talking about art theft because I'm not sure that it really is theft. I almost feel like as though I am in art school in, say 1850, and I come to class one day with a digital camera and a printer. I find the images it generates are usually visually appealing but I feel nothing for them. Weird.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

smoobles posted:

I was trying to generate Heathcliff comics and Bing gave me this instead.

I decided to ask GPT what is funny about these two panels. Here is what it said:

quote:

Alright, let's break this down. The two panels depict two contrasting scenes. On the left, we have what looks like a well-dressed individual, possibly from an earlier time period, looking calm and composed with a tea setting. The setting feels calm, perhaps a little posh, with even a cat lounging about.

On the right, in stark contrast, we see a fierce lion surrounded by intense flames. It's almost as if the scene has transitioned from calm and serene to suddenly wild and chaotic.

Without any context, a possible interpretation could be a play on the saying "out of the frying pan and into the fire," which means going from a bad situation to an even worse one. The left panel could represent the "frying pan" (a controlled, mild heat) while the right represents the "fire" (an intense, uncontrollable heat). The joke might lie in the unexpected, drastic shift between these two scenarios.

But jokes and art can be subjective. It could also be a commentary on duality, expectations vs. reality, or any number of other themes. The humor might come from the absurdity and stark difference between the two images. The truth is, without more context, it's a bit of a shot in the dark. But that's my take on it.

I was expecting it to hallucinate an answer but it did its best and found no satisfying answer. Just thought that was interesting. I suspect that the image generation GPT, when making comic panels, doesn't try to make a story or anything despite it being expected in a comic.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I like this one

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, one thing I notice is that if the subject matter doesn't match the temporal context of an art style, it tends to do worse with particular styles.

For example the remainder are all midcentury modern style. perfect

Try doing it with just a cell phone. mmmm, not bad

try it with a man looking at a cell phone, no dice

And now with a man and a laptop.

I'm exaggerating a bit with my selections but it tends to blend the art style with particular aesthetics if the subjects don't match well. maybe it's just me. neat though.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

A variety of regal steed

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I've been trying to get a samurai warrior riding a kappa in the vein of my earlier images. It gives me Shiba Inu's and weird horse-dragons like below. Is there a trick?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Inspired by the earlier soviet propaganda images.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yeah, the bing one is a loving puritan. I use the GPT one. It still has rules but they seem looser and it'll still give the images that made it past the clergy.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, a few from the last couple of days:

A representation of the song "Sun King" by the beatles. I tried to get it to show what I thought when I was a kid when I hear the song.

Inspired by the brutalism ones from earlier

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

null_pointer posted:

Heroes in a half shell

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol. it's funny how we have to trick it all the time.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Marvel or DC or whoever makes these decisions, I am ready for my try at the superhero biz.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

New burger chain mascot

Self-stirring cup

An early computer

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

You inspired me to ask for this.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

One thing I would say it wasn't trained on was video game screen shots. I've tried to get N64/PS1/Old Dos looking stuff but the best it can do is some artsy version of pixel art.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Well color me surprised. Looking at the prompts it looks like you sometimes really have to ask more than once for that particular style.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Those are really nice!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I find it interesting that it doesn't generate a proper manufacturing machine when asked. I would wager that the issue is that most machines don't have a pre-defined configuration.

If I ask specifically for a lathe, it seems to get it closer than others

It does not however know what machines in a machine shop look like.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

That's loving amazing. The future is truly here.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lol, they don't even fit

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Those actually might be the dog's shoes, there are four of them after all

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I wanted the last supper in the style of pixar but I got this. No wonder Jesus knew he was going to be betrayed. Aaaaaaawkaaard!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

a croissant is my guess

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol, I'm glad somebody got it.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

null_pointer posted:

Speak for yourself :pervert:

Edit: seriously though, what tool/prompt, the pose is amazingly similar to the original

I had GPT look at an image and describe it for me in detail. I then used that description as a prompt. It of course transmutes the prompt to something shorter and this is what it was "A woman with reddish-brown hair and a grey t-shirt stands near a glass door on a balcony or patio, smiling subtly and gazing at the camera. The surrounding white railing frames the scene, and the door's glass reflects the ocean. Behind her, a lively beach scene with people and vibrant umbrellas stretches towards"

[edit] Hunger guy

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

pixaal posted:

If you want to get really good actor descriptions ask GPT 4 how to describe the actor to someone that recently went blind. It will go on about why it matters that it happened later in life then describe it really well, you then feed that to GPT-Dalle. Sometimes it gets described well enough that Dalle will pick up on it and flag it unsafe but this is rare normally you get a really good bootleg.

I tried this for John C Reilly - These are the results.

I think he's hard to describe though, kind of like Steve Buscemi

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Is it just me or did GPT4-DallE3 just limit the generation of images to 2 per request?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

pixaal posted:

If there is high traffic it will produce less images, it will then only send that many ask it to do 4 images this time specifically.

Nope, won't do it. Every new chat does the same thing.

E: Even old chats won't produce more. weird.

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 27, 2023

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Those are really good!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Indeed, a 'whimsical' appearance.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Monglo posted:

Lets hope you're wrong, all the court cases so far have reached reasonable conclusions, as per NyanBread's example.

And then I persoanlly disagree that people should forget about making money with their art, traditional or AI-assisted.
I believe in the idea that broad access to these tools will help artists get out of their corporate Disney/Ghibli/(lets be honest all of them) slave art dungeons and will be able to make stuff on their own that they couldnt do before - like how often do you get a one man-made movies? Maybe soon anyone will be able to try their hand at making art that only big studios could attempt. Id like to live in that world.
I know access to chatgpt has allowed me to try to create things I could only dream about before. And Im not even going to address the "world will be oversaturated by poo poo, soulless art" argument, which falls apart as soon as you think more than a couple of seconds about it.

I think this is closer to what will actually happen. Talented people are still talented and will still be able to earn a living and make cool poo poo. They'll just be able to make more stuff and faster. Unique stuff, even assisted with AI will still be in demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

hydroceramics posted:

Is dalle3 access now universal for all gpt4 subscribers or is it still in roll-out?

As far as I know, it's for all GPT4 subscribers. That said, since the GPT rollout they had to slow down subscription purchases because usage is at an all time high.