Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Midjourney can do a really good version on of the God Emperor from 40K

Warhammer 40,000, human Emperor of the Imperium seated on a radiant Golden Throne, baroque, octane render

Also,

Batman, Picasso's Blue Period

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Getting SD to run on AMD cards is a pain in the rear end. Anybody got any suggestions (that are not just buy an nVidia GPU)?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

Can you do joker, red period

Rose Period, but sure.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

You can run Stable Diffusion on your PC, it's free

But you have to have an nVidia GPU, unless you run it in a Docker instance or are running Linux

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

If you don't have an nVidia GPU I don't even know what to say

That I've been using ATI/AMD GPUs since the 90s and up until now, I have yet to find anything that I actually cared about that specifically needed an nVidia card ?

Famed comic artist Dave McKean (Sandman covers and tons of other stuff) talking about what he thinks of this new-fangled nonsense...http://chimeraobscura.com/vm/episode-497-dave-mckean

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bonus Space Meowrine

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mcbexx posted:

Found this excellent SD prompt and messed around with it, I think its output is insanely good.

Replace subject and add attributes like muscular, athletic, obese as needed.

Obese (with everything else unchanged) gave me a fully nude output though. Weird.

detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of beautiful lara croft, full body portrait, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting -C 10 -H768

I used that prompt with 'batman in an action pose' and got these...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Midjourney

Prompt:
I met a traveller from an antique land, Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand, Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown, And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, Tell that its sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things, The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed; And on the pedestal, these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair! Nothing beside remains. Round the decay Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.
So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round;
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Freddy Kruger in the style of Lisa Frank -- Midjourney

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of undead Queen Elizabeth II, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Vladimir Putin seducing a stallion in a grassy meadow, photorealistic, wide view

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

FunkyAl posted:

Why wouldn't you just draw a goblin though? Using your imagination is the fun part.

I can't loving draw anything that isn't based on angles or straight lines or can't be done with a drafting machine (mechanical drawing is all I can do). I have tried over the last fifty years to get better at other kinds of art drawing than mechanical, but I continue to be stuck at elementary school scribbles. AI art is a god send to me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Handen posted:

the queen of england at a tattoo shop getting a tattoo of herself on her lower back

Rutibex posted:

you can iterate like this using midjourney too. if you layer your original seed over top of the AI output you can selectively delete features and send it through the AI for another pass.

people saying this isn't impressive are really underestimating this. I had basically zero art powers, but I could throw things togeather in Photoshop. these AIs give me so much original material to work with my art power level has grown exponentially. the AIs are like transforming into an art super Saiyan, it multiplies your power 50x

How do you get the seed?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

You have to start with an image. Put the image URL at the front of your prompt and it will use the image instead of a random seed

Ah, I thought you were talking seed number like SD uses

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Calvin and Hobbes harvesting the soul of art, comic strip, in the style of Bill Watterson

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I only use the monetized versions because I do not have an nVidia card, and I really don't want one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I feel like I should post this...

http://www.electricsheepcomix.com/apocamon/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That list of artist styles is great...

Superbowl XX from the stands, 1985 Chicago Bears, copper plate engraving, in the style of Gustave Dore

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

EVIL Gibson posted:

Just wondering.

How did material artists take it when digital art got to the point where it was hard to tell between a photo of real artwork and output from Photoshop?

I know that when every new genre of physical art came out, everyone hated it and did not accept abstract, pointillism, and even realism for a good while in each case.

As an example, German around the 1920s-1930s constantly made exhibits for "degenerate" art of not only Polish/Jews but also Germans who made art using such genres like abstract and anything not modernist.

My brother-in-law is a moderately well-known illustrator with a couple of well-received graphic novels, a whole bunch of New Yorker covers, and other stuff, and he switched to Photoshop as soon as there was an Oil Paint filter. He loves the speed and freedom to try thirty different concepts and not waste materials doing it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheany posted:

No, it's Stable Diffusion specifically not knowing who Bugs Bunny is. Craiyon knows who he is and is doing its best:

This is how midjourney handled that prompt (slightly modified because 'Heroin' is a naughty word)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

I found a really good site from prompt mining. Its a bunch of random description generators used for DMs during their roleplaying sessions. It comes up with descriptions of weird outfits and impossible gadgets and stuff. Which is great for an AI which makes pictures of descriptions!
Pale skin, Mid-length curly graying blond hair, Dark brown average-sized eyes, A little short, average weight, narrow build, in a three-piece suit ensemble made of blue fabric and muted orange and white pinstripe print fabric including a vest

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Tyger Tyger burning bright In the forests of the night, What immortal hand or eye Could frame thy fearful symmetry

Burnt in distant deeps or skies The cruel fire of thine eyes Could heart descend or wings aspire What the hand dare seize the fire

And what shoulder and what art Could twist the sinews of thy heart And when thy heart began to beat What dread hand and what dread feet

When the stars threw down their spears And water'd heaven with their tears Did he smile his work to see Did he who made the lamb make thee -

Tyger Tyger burning bright In the forests of the night, What immortal hand or eye Could frame thy fearful symmetry

William Blake would have loved and hated this tech.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 1, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned

The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity.

--

Surely some revelation is at hand; Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert A shape with lion body and the head of a man

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun, Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds. The darkness drops again; but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born

Using Midjourney

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Big Chungus, style of Alex Ross,

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
You're not kidding...
Marilyn Monroe

Dwayne Johnson

Nathan Drake

Lara Croft

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rosie O'Donnell as Lara Croft

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Warhammer 40k Ultramarine

edit: Bonus MJ v4
Batman in the style of Picasso's Blue Period

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 7, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Another method is to put the style first...

Oil Painting by Thomas Kinkade, Shaquille O'Neal as a WH40k Space Marine. --seed 17898 --v 4

But then you might end with this, which I consider an absolute win...

He's put on some weight in this one...

edit:

Hadlock posted:

Do joker in his rose period

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 7, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

Pretty interesting to see the difference between BLT and Hotdog. I bet hotdogs have a lot more pop culture references than the lowly BLT

All great images

Can you do the above image in img->img with prompt "Bernie Sanders as statue of liberty, holding an orange"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Corridor Digital is working on using Stable Diffusion, Dreambooth, and EBSynth to make actual animation that doesn't look janky. They'll have a video dropping on their youtube channel tomorrow or Monday that is amazing (it was released on their subscriber site today, which is where I saw it).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWVHCYZ_Zs

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Probably late to this but I use https://github.com/cmdr2/stable-diffusion-ui

It's 1 click install, has less bleeding edge features than A1111, but it's just click and go (well, wait 30 minutes for it to finish downloading stuff)

Just started using this and it does work on CPU alone (I have an AMD video card and CPU), but with the CPU alone it is incredibly slow (40 minutes for 8 renders in parallel) even with a 4.0 Ghz Ryzen 5 with 48GB RAM. It does work quite well though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Kharmakazy posted:

You don't want to use CPU or you're gonna have a bad time. Hopefully the requirements for this stuff will lessen a bit after a while.

But if you only have an AMD or Intel GPU, it's the only way to run it locally.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'll celebrate that...in the style of HR Giger...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

shadowrun, 2065, ork street samurai with a panther assault gun, fighting a great western dragon, on a Seattle high rise,full body, action pose,in the style of Larry Elmore

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

wind-up duck toy that never existed, from the Soviet Union in the 70s-80s, ektachrome, volumetric lighting, f8 aperture, cinematic, studio photo

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 28, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hydroceramics posted:

A cyberpunk duck from the year 3000.

That same prompt but added 'in the style of Geoff Darrow'

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > AI Art: It is criminal to not post your prompt and not include a duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jodorowsky's Dragonball Z