Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Unless your job is to draw cover art for niche bands for $50 a pop, or flood Amazon with technically competent but subtly wonky paintings that people can hang on their walls for cheap, then AI is not going to make your job obsolete.

Nobody knows exactly where this going to lead, but I would suggest you let your imagination off its leash a tiny bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

D-Pad posted:

Tell me you don't understand the complexity needed to make it do that without telling me...

I don’t want to insult anyone in here but for real.

Is it that hard to understand what makes AI qualitatively different than say, the steam engine or the printing press?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So what you're saying is that merely making it pick up a sponge and place it on a table based on a request to clean up a spill was incredibly complex and took decades of research, but within the next ten years we will have robot maids capable of deep-cleaning our entire households for us using tools designed for humans based on on-the-fly interpretations of verbal commands.

Literally yes.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Only tangentially related, but does anyone follow “heavenslastangel” on Instagram? He does these psychedelic chaos-based recursive animations. I’d like to know how he does it (without going to into the weeds).