Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The invention of the camera didn't destroy painting. It led to impressionism and cubism to create art that a camera could not. A lot of visual artists went into photography as an art form in its own right, and there'll probably be a place for people who are skilled at curating interesting results from an art-generating AI.

Of course, it took 109 years from the first photograph to the first commercially available colour camera. This is going to happen a little faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

GABA ghoul posted:

A quick Google search suggests that there is already an attempt to make this 3D and then VR compatible. Can't wait for No Man's Sky 2 with totally novel worlds to explore instead of procedural generation.

A mathematical process that creates worlds to explore is procedural generation. Dall-E-2 is more complex than the algorithm used by No Man's Sky, but it's the same concept.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you know what chatgpt is currently really bad at? Having negative judgments of people.
I played a game where I gave it a character to play (just to avoid some of the low level large language model blockades) and then fed some Reddit AmITheAsshole posts in there. Specifically, I gave it some of the insane stuff where literally nobody would agree with the op. The AI understands how that subforum works and is able to answer in that style, but it is just so incredibly nice and afraid to badmouth anyone. It tries to argue that those people aren't assholes, because they were overcome by emotion, or that their pettiness is just to hard to suppress.

This sounds similar to Hello History, which has a problem with outright lying to present every historical figure in the best possible light.