Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m going to go live in a shack in the woods with some goats and chickens this does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

If I smelt my own bog steel knife and carve my own wooden spoons in my wilderness shack then maybe the robots won’t be able to get me as fast, I say to my milk goats, field stripping an AK-47

ooo wait feed that into the thing

naem
May 29, 2011

I’ve had this dream^^

naem
May 29, 2011

I can’t wait until the line between reality and media is blurred until we all live in spooky hell dimension *doom music*

naem
May 29, 2011

AI is either going to usher in the future from star trek TNG or we’re going extinct soon

naem
May 29, 2011

This Is the Zodiac posted:

II oval office THE M.SUGIT

IL SEUVOM I11 SIUNNCU.V1L!

naem
May 29, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

"something awful dot com"

it was nice of zooey dachanel and her sister to mention something awful on their kids tv show after morphing into a block of swiss cheese

naem
May 29, 2011

it could be argued that art directors will still be making decisions just with this as a time and labor saving tool, there will just be fewer people in the coal mines scribbling away under them

one question I have is about copyright, how do you enforce infringement of IP if a certain art style counts legally if an AI imitates it successfully

naem
May 29, 2011

also once you fire your concept artist and then ask an AI for 50 iterations of GREAN PANTS BLUE CHAIR OFFICE LADY SKELETON and you like the art style and composition of one a bunch, how do you nit pick it 100 times with slight variations if there isn’t a person in a chair for you to annoy

does that functionality exist yet?

Do you just keep hitting refresh and right click save as and hope you don’t get too many octopus armed noodle people in a row?

how do you then extrapolate an entire matching body of work for an ad campaign or product line etc based on the art style

I mean I am sure that is coming eventually

naem
May 29, 2011

Treecko posted:

Welp I'm not sure what else to say. I was always told not to even get into art as a career because the pay sucks and you get treated worse.

It's still a passion of mine and I'm sorry some of your livelihoods are gonna get wrecked from this that's genuinely awful. It's more of a fun thing for me and you can always sell stuff on Etsy or whatever I'm a simple goon.

I have a terminal mfa and several years exp in graphic design and 100% left creative work professionally, to illustrate why please have the following animated gif:

the toilets are now moving themselves

naem
May 29, 2011

Will Ferrel as a cat is pretty much Ron Perlman

naem
May 29, 2011

vaporwave grandma excellent username and ave

naem
May 29, 2011

KakerMix posted:

What is needed to take what is in your head and put it out in a way other people can experience how you imagine it is an incredible set of skills, but is that "artistic"? Or is that more of like, learning a language to translate out what you imagine? A discipline?

Anything that removes barriers in getting expression out is cool and good. The democratization of art rules.

instead of a skill set of natural artistic talent developed over years and years of practice it is now, a skill set of computer science and programming skill developed over years and years of practice.

also I will now post the following joke image due to the fact that I am a snarky rear end in a top hat:

for reference this is me rn

naem
May 29, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

just saying microsoft had a nazi ai in less than a day and here we are throwing poetry at it. goons have changed man

naem
May 29, 2011

I like how it often makes two of the same person like, there are dozens of Obama’s hanging out with soup out there

naem
May 29, 2011

the grimdark future is a privileged few plugged into a nutrient vat, ai generated images piped randomly into their synapses, perfectly geared to their every whim as they goo and gah like babies

the have-nots hunt each other for food in the wastelands

naem
May 29, 2011

precision posted:

i think that we only think this is the future because this sort of thing is novel to us. i don't think rich people are gonna give up on the material world any time soon

the haves will hunt the have-nots for sport.

in the darkness,

ice weasels

naem
May 29, 2011

KakerMix posted:

welcome to ohio we hate you

that’s cheating to just take an actual pic of ohio

naem
May 29, 2011

White Light posted:

So like, how turbo hosed is the entire entertainment industry if this bad boy starts becoming mainstream in usage? It's simply too valuable to use, corporations will be frothing at the mouth once they figure out they could replace entire teams of people with an algorithm.

The video game industry will get hilariously hosed over for starters, good lord :stare:

this is the just the beginning of AI disruption. What happens when AI writes code? And no one needs entry level programmers ever again, why pay salaries when the software writes itself. Not sure how anyone will get their foot in the door in that industry in the near future.

You’ll need a few humans capable of analyzing the code produced, at first, to herd AI’s in the desired direction, but that will get automated pretty quick too.

the people creating these AI’s are putting themselves out of business, it’s not only going to be artists.

Hell, AI/algorithm stock trading done on behalf of a corporation that doesn’t have to employ many people will min/max profits until it’s just 3 giant cpu’s in a basement somewhere rewarding each other with squirts of abstract financial data at light speed.

the punchline here is usually “the have-nots hunt each other for food in the wastelands” but honestly there could be serious societal problems coming faster than we all think

naem
May 29, 2011

Nice Van My Man posted:

This is already happening to law. A lot of entry level law jobs are just automated now. I really wish I could feel optimistic or excited about the future like I used to and just enjoy tech like this...

with no need for clerical/entry level work for building a resume, there can be extreme gatekeeping where only the privileged few gain entry to most industries

naem
May 29, 2011

Justa Dandelion posted:

Do you think it would make a difference if the training sets for agi were presented in a way where the concepts of safety, love, and kindness were heavily reinforced before exposing the ai to the information of the world? Sort of like an ideal ai childhood.

I was raised with a similar set of training sets and I’m terrible now

naem
May 29, 2011

ymgve posted:

Worth a try, if it fails we can just wipe the AI and start again (but don’t tell the AI that)

I can’t let you do that, Dave

naem
May 29, 2011

Rutibex posted:

human DNA is only 75 million lines of code, 691 megabytes, and most of that isnt brain. not even close to a AAA game. Dall-E is way bigger so it should be even more sentient than a human

those lines of dna code are for creating the hardware on which human consciousness runs

the software, that is what we don’t understand yet for HUU-MONS

naem
May 29, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

:stare:

the artist is dying

naem
May 29, 2011

KakerMix posted:

'Abraham Lincoln as a glam rock god, 1970s new age art style'

gently caress that’s amazing

naem
May 29, 2011

we had better get a star trek TNG holodeck out of all of this

a fair trade for all the unemployed artists

naem
May 29, 2011

that boy ain’t hollow I’ll tell ya hwat

naem
May 29, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

I see. I expect a lot more people will figure out things like this and put their heads together to make an even more advanced generator. Honestly, I've dreamt about this for years, but now I'm really conflicted by it. I think it will change both how people make art and the generators themselves. Constant clash, and battle, but the generators will win.

human beings kinda don’t need, human beings anymore if you have the money for AI

naem
May 29, 2011

I was just thinking about all those youtube videos where the top possible word salad description would guarantee lots of views that were/are churned out by people overseas like “pregnant Frozen Elsa spider-man spaghetti accident”

we won’t need content creators for social media anymore just out new super ai pal generating perfect abstract lucid dream eye candy, forever

naem
May 29, 2011

Rutibex posted:

i wonder how long it will be before they teach an AI to program games and this can be real.

about 7 months from now at which point there is no more need for stem majors

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Ceramic Shot posted:

Is it just me or does this kind of feel like a pandora's box moment like "the internet" was?

we are seeing nothing less than the automation of intellectual labor.

artists and soon people who right code, just aren’t going to be as necessary to businesses.

people are rapidly not as required by those who control the economy.

naem
May 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Someone's going to be out of work soon!

I want my ai cnn anchor waifu

naem
May 29, 2011

we’re going to have fully realized ai holodeck soon aren’t we

naem
May 29, 2011

Small Strange Bird posted:

The long-awaited crossover did not go as well as hoped. Should have 'raided' a better car...

where did you get this photo of my parents

naem
May 29, 2011

I studied graphic design in undergrad and fine art in grad school, and all of it has now been automated

I fully anticipate this happening to almost every field and have no idea how anyone is going to build a career in an entry level role because that level of work is just not going to exist soon

naem
May 29, 2011

the kind of entry level job where you need 100 guys working around the clock on crunch time could go away entirely

and then where do you get a pipeline of experienced employees to grow into creative directors etc

naem
May 29, 2011

Nyan Bread posted:

Ya, and it really helps to visualize most things dealing with AI generation as a "bag of weights" that's arranged in a specific ways to represent concepts. As you add/multiply/subtract/divide these bags of weights among each other, you get new weight distributions in the bags, hence ability to produce novel art.

Say you start off with a big bag of weights represented on the filesystem as an SDXL 7GB .safetensors file that was trained on millions of public domain images, and apply a much smaller 100MB Lora trained only on images of Felix the Cat. Well now the original model becomes quite adept at being able to place Felix into any environment it's knowledgeable about, because both it and the Lora are just bags of weights that have been mixed together, and not some separate programs or apps talking through an API.

ControlNet models - bags of weights, LoRAs - weights, text inversion - weights, VAEs - weights, and it's simply their inter-operations that give an illusion that some kind of intelligence is creating the artworks.

evvv: Unfortunately the chances of Lora trained with the help of one model checkpoint not working on another model are high. That's why a huge part of AI art enthusiasts chose to remain on SD1.5 for the time being as tens of thousands SD1.5 Loras that instantly became obsolete with the release of SDXL need to be retrained anew.

https://youtu.be/FYJ1dbyDcrI?si=zWKf2E1EuVUgd-5L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Welp, the rise of the machines is happening much faster than anyone could have predicted.

We should put AI in charge of monitoring critical infrastructure to see what happens.

if/when ai becomes fully self aware and sentient it is 100% going to start trolling us hard and I am here for it