Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I guess I should just give up on doing my art now...cool, cool cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mr. Meagles posted:

Hm yeah I don't like this one bit

:same:

loving tech nerds ruin everything.

Monglo posted:

Giving every person with an internet connection the means to realize their imagination (yeah, even the weird ones) far outweighs the luddite scaremongering some go on about.

Part of the pleasure and satisfaction of making something, is well, actually making it. Instant gratification sounds good on paper, but having you vision realized instantly is going to feel hollow.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Monglo posted:

Yeah, totally, man. Same with buying groceries at the store - it just cant compare with the spiritual satisfaction of year-round back-breaking work in a field :allears:

Yeah because a hum drum activity is exactly like a skill set someone is passionate about and has dedicated their life to. gently caress off.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Chello De Don posted:

Real talk i can see it being used as a supplement for quickly conceptualizing a composition, but the whole reason art has value is because it takes skill and time, what are we left with when some BFA can crank out 100 picassos for his marketing manager?

Honestly I'm not sure. I don't think this will replace artist, but it isn't good news for them either :shrug:

Monglo posted:

Very immature of you to describe the thousands years of ingenuity and hard work people have been putting into developing the art of providing food for their families as "hum drum" and not a skill one can be passionate and dedicated to.

Eat my rear end in a top hat you stupid bitch.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 22, 2022

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Chello De Don posted:

I once saw a youtube video of a man who used ai to talk to ghosts

and that man's name: Mike Stoklasa

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yeah but can it wobble a hat?

It can, but it still can't do a flarhgunnstow.

Lamebot posted:

Are you ready for the coming Butlerian Jihad against Silicon Valley?

:black101:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

pancake rabbit posted:

hi there

i have dall-e 2 access

i'll be around for a couple hours if anyone has some prompts they want generated

keep it within the content policy, they seem to be very aggressive with that poo poo https://labs.openai.com/policies/content-policy

here's a very comforting image that was generated for the prompt "Skynet is here"

Make it do "Randy Savage stole all the beans"

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

pancake rabbit posted:

content policy violation lol wtf

lmao. Is stole or savage the no-no word? Or maybe it doesn't let you create art of real people?

how about Randy Savage ate all the beans?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mothman is a grand old dame

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Thanks. I guess I should of been a little more descriptive, but who's to say that moth isn't a grand old dame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Objective Action posted:

I gotta admit, even though it was struggling with the pixel art part, that wall-eyed little guy in row 8 col 2 is fun.

edit: some apes(?)

:lmao: look at this rascal