Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

TIP posted:

I just used Stable Diffusion for a professional project for the first time and it's pretty sweet.

I put together this capsule image for my game's Steam page and it's mostly AI art:

I started by posing some of my assets in game and taking a screenshot:

I put that into img2img and... it was a real mess. Way too much going on, so I rendered out each component separately on plain backgrounds and fed those into SD and then composited them back together. The trickiest part was the clown, I had to do his lower body separate from the top and generate the arms separately from the torso.

The environments are a combo of AI generated stuff closest to the camera and actual game render for the farther off details. I also did my own rim lighting on the hand and clown to better separate the elements.

I'm pretty happy with it, will probably use SD for most complicated art projects from now on.

Oh, and since the steam capsule is kinda small but I made all the elements huge, here's the clown and hand at high res:

this is the game ive been waiting for! pm me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

that's the kind of lateral solutioneering we need it for. it says, "I'm gonna say some non sequiturs now," it says! it says some nonsequiturs. did the job boss

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

llama.cpp crashes if you give it a really long prompt, and you can't have a conservation with it since it forgets the previous state between runs. The biggest annoyance for me is how eager it is to spit out random python code when you ask it to be philosophical about AI. I wonder how much the quantization reduces the quality of the output compared to the normal model...

[e] uh oh

i don't know why, but i love how number one is an actual grievance

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

where's the main ai thread or chatgpt thread?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think it's kinda just this one. There's been plenty of chatGPT discussion in here.

can't believe that. Chatgpt thread

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

I don't see how anyone qualified to judge a photography contest (or anyone with eyes) wouldn't immediately spot that it isn't a photograph. There's so much wrong with it, from the inconsistent depth of field to the weird hands (and the extra hand).

Maybe they're getting AIs to judge photography contests now.

(Or more likely it's probably a fake story...)

the "inconsistent dof" is not. it's emulating large-format cameras, with their flexible focal fields that the accordion lenses could do funky stuff with. that one looks like a darkroom composite of two large-format portraits; it may have been trained on exactly such photos.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

okay, chatgpt has been writing code for me for a few hours. i'm ready to learn how to do this. how do you get over the ephemerality of it? give chatgpt your chats so far, giving it a memory, make it hold on to concepts better. how do you make your ongoing chats into its library? i presume step one is paying for an account, then what?

Mescal fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 16, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

lunar detritus posted:

Do you want to code a client? Or use the chatgpt interface?

The common solution to give these models more memory beyond the chat, is to use embeddings. Basically a big database that can be searched through and included in your prompt depending on what you're asking (so, if you're asking about Tea, it'll go through your database and include your previous chats about tea). However, unless you're paying ChatGPT+, you'll be limited to GPT 3.5 Turbo (the base chatgpt model) which only has 4k tokens of context. And that's including the reply to your prompt. So, if it's english prose you're limited to maybe 1500 words of "prompt + search results" to have the chance to get up to 1500 words back (but it's usually less). Code tends to be more expensive in tokens.

ChatGPT+ ($20/month) gives you limited amount access to GPT-4, which has 8k tokens of context.

i'm getting my credit card, what next? they neutered 4 since children kept hitlering it, and now it's no longer game. i need it to be game again. to write python.
and i'd use the chatgpt interface until i had a reason i needed to write a client, i guess

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

lunar detritus posted:

Do you want to code a client? Or use the chatgpt interface?

The common solution to give these models more memory beyond the chat, is to use embeddings. Basically a big database that can be searched through and included in your prompt depending on what you're asking (so, if you're asking about Tea, it'll go through your database and include your previous chats about tea). However, unless you're paying ChatGPT+, you'll be limited to GPT 3.5 Turbo (the base chatgpt model) which only has 4k tokens of context. And that's including the reply to your prompt. So, if it's english prose you're limited to maybe 1500 words of "prompt + search results" to have the chance to get up to 1500 words back (but it's usually less). Code tends to be more expensive in tokens.

ChatGPT+ ($20/month) gives you limited amount access to GPT-4, which has 8k tokens of context.

are you saying you

1 give it data by talking to it
2 refer it to linked text files which is less data/token intensive, less restrictive input limit, then it can consult with you as you do 1
3 refer it to data to train it, which happens before all this, but could... also happen if i wanted it to train it on my essays to write like me for example. could i do training with gpt+ or does that require another tier of something?

today i want to do 2. 3 is for later.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i thought dall-e would give you free tokens once a week but i guess im out. does midjourney filter out brand names and stuff? i tried something simpsons related and i think it just wiped them from the newbie chat

i tried memorygpt and it claims it can't code.
i tried some of the features on the superpowergpt extension. you have a dropdown menu with versions, but i'm not sure if those only change something if i am paid? i didn't buy an acct yet. i thought i was using 4, but you're not if you're not paying i guess
if you're typing TRY TALKING! it saves time. voicewave works better than the other one i tried. problem is, voice recognition doesn't work together with the other tools so far. for me

i don't like using browser extensions or frankly anybody's software as gobetweens to talk to these things, but ...

i need a 'daily driver' ai interface that is powerful enough to interact with more specific-purpose ai tools. there's too many of these things popping up and i don't know what my main suite should be. a bunch of these things are branding themselves as gpt4, does that mean they're giving away something you could pay for? i read a couple posts about this and still need help

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

pixaal posted:

They usually require you to shove your GPT API key into them and they run or your GPT account.

How do i know my api key's encrypted and transmitted securely

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

lunar detritus posted:

You don't and in fact I've seen multiple open source projects use a middleman server between their client and the openai API so they are perfectly capable of storing all your queries and your API key without you ever finding out. :toot:

https://www.artisana.ai/articles/4-million-accounts-compromised-by-fake-chatgpt-app

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Just dicking around and realized that you can write prompts in other languages and even mix them up. Like if you use the Japanese word for woman you get a woman more likely to appear Asian.

I feel like there might be some good magic words in other languages nobody has found yet, like tied to what people in China or something might tag their photos that doesn't translate similarly to English. Idk.

Any polyglots in the house?

lmao what are you even looking for?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Crapple! posted:

More experimentation with /describe and --chaos

this is a portfolio. those are sick

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

dracula falls in love at christmas hallmark movie

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

did u say "assyrian frogs'

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

do "Dark Soups III"

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Hadlock posted:

We need an AI art thread, and a second AI "what's going on this week" thread

i tried

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

have the ai write an app to make this thread into a full-screen slide show with a cool soundtrack

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i want to see the wacky waving inflatable tube person

neither dalle nor midjourney is giving me freebies

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Tunicate posted:

I tried to make a skeleton or xray of those wacky inflatable tube guys and didnt get anything worth posting. Anyone else willing to give it a shot?

all i got was instructions on the order of adjectives. no, it's a lousy prompt and it didn't work at all for me either

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

-you should post img not timg unless youre doing a big dump

-i have chatgpt pro and i requested gpt4 access a week ago and i requested chatgpt plugin access yesterday. i need to do embeddings to give it a reference library. how can i jump the line if i'm not an important person? should i request access repeatedly or ...

-have yall who have not requested plugin/browsing/coding thingies been seeing additional features show up in your version of chatgptpro?

-is anyone running a gptlike locally and what's it good for at this point? i'm hoping it gets good soon

Brawnfire posted:

Designing my fantasy 19th century Simcity:

you better have access to the same model if you want to add graphical elements in ten years lol

Mescal fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 29, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Chronojam posted:

Easy, just train a checkpoint against your existing sprite set.

that does sound easy!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

looks cool
https://github.com/mmabrouk/chatgpt-wrapper

Mescal fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 30, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

the last one was venom vs nickelodeon green slime orange gak blue ooze symbiotes white background todd mcfarlane realistic hires

i wanted it to do separation anxiety, but the symbiotes are nickelodeon green slime and orange gak and blue ooze or whatev. i used a lot of variations then got equally good results from "nickelodeon symbiote"

Mescal fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 30, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

if you are waiting for gpt api key go to https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys
they send you an email when you get on the waiting list but not when your request has been approved. gotta check manually i guess

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

do any of the free options allow upload image and give prompt? nightcafe seems pretty usable and p cheap at five a month. is that a good one to go with? can you leech bing? it's annoying uploading

yahweh and asherah. idk whats up with all the cranial accessories.

html jpeg

their wedding pics

and this one

shrug

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

is there a reason yall dont prompt the image generators the same way you prompt gpt with detailed and digressive full sentences? bing seems not not like long prompts at least, and says its under review. it seems like it auto-reviews any long natural language descriptions.

james the just bot--posting because this is the first time ive seen it do text. look, thats good text. other than the apostrophe. jame's the grocer lol

i'll have to do these again because i chose the colors at random. or chatgpt chose them, and i dont know if theres symbolism to them. green's not the color of love for example. they are all in for fomat of Apostle James the Greater, mecha pilot, yellow, shell symbol, pilgrimage, Sunao Yoshida, Kouta Hirano aesthetics

peter james john paul. wait a minute what the gently caress is paul doing in there lol

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

dazzle space ship

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I'd love to see some cool looking characters in the form of marionettes. Seems like a hard medium for it, I didn't get anything good.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I just want one generator that doesn't train on stolen work.

Sorry, what's the difference between training on protected images and text? GPT doesn't train on stolen work. Why do the image generators?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Nothing is being stolen and anyone saying otherwise is either a moron or intentionally lying to you.

My question was just whether the copyright laws are different in letters and art, because people are talking IP issues for visual art and the LLM people seem to have best practices in place that everyone so far follows, and nobody talks about "stealing." (Not my term.)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Soulhunter posted:

happy pickleo day

these are from the last week. i've used the piccolo prompt a lot. i didn't make any new piccolo pics for picklo day.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

pixaal posted:

it's okay to share old works that happen to fit a current posting theme. Especially if they were never posted.

Thanks. I don't like how some of those look in dark mode, do any of these output pics with transparent backgrounds, instead of blank/black/white? I have access to bing or midjourney or nightcafe.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Drop the vampires and use werewolves because the word "canine" will give you sharp teeth in they mouth

picture url

vegetable's moving castle landscape
turnip boy and his menagerie anime laboratory with smoke/steam gorgeous intricate lighting with (vegetable name) golem
turnip boy and his menagerie anime botanical library grand foyer smoke/steam miyazaki gorgeous lighting
huge library tiny girl scientist, knolling architecture, a gorgeously deep and detailed howls moving castle anime botanical library with vegetable scientist wisp of steam little girl in white coat sitting and facing away from camera back to camera nape neck reading drawing
stunning grand entryway, knolling architecture, a gorgeously deep and detailed howls moving castle anime opulent botanical foyer with two kawaii child vegetable scientists holding hands ascending staircase wisp of steam and facing back to camera nape drawing
stunning hall portico wooden vine columns arcade stoa, knolling architecture, a gorgeously deep and detailed howls moving castle wisp of steam anime botanical greenhouse with kawaii child scientist and facing back to camera nape drawing

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

do you think people would yell at me if i posted these as the op to "awful new yorker cartoons" thread? They don't fit here, but I have a feeling people would yell at me.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

How are you making those new Yorker comics and why are they equally as unfunny as actual new Yorker comics?

AI and AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I am so sick of these censored corporate AIs!