Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Are you ready for the coming Butlerian Jihad against Silicon Valley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Dall-e mini

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
A roundabout way of getting Biscuit from HunterxHunter

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 27, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 28, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Thanos gets cancelled for his racist impressions

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I would do other actors as other characters but it just does them all as JC Denton

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 10, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KakerMix posted:

Jesus I hadn't messed with Dall-E's image manipulation thing before, this is the real power. I snapped a picture looking out to my back yard.

You can then use a paintbrush to erase a portion of the image, then Dall-E will attempt to put whatever it is you ask it to via text prompt into just that area. I chose a complex area with intersecting lines of the concrete and puddle since it rained earlier. Looked like this before generation:

Results:

"a perfectly smooth chrome sphere"

"a translucent cube made of acrylic"

"a pile of sandwiches"

The sphere one it attempted to keep the puddle, sort of, but just ignored the line in the concrete. For the cube one the internal reflections don't seem to match too much, but does a pretty good job reflecting a lot of what is supposed to be around it, while deciding that the straight angled line is now a curve. The pile of sandwiches is a bit too sunny imho, but it did add a bit of shadow that's too sharp vs. the surrounding area.

I then applied the paintbrush to the entire right side of the picture, then asked it to generate "photograph of a backyard after a light rain" and these are the results:

This is essentially the content-aware function in Photoshop but on the extreme end of wholly-building entire portions of the photo with text context. It isn't perfect of course, but for a single 10~ second blot of time and it gives you multiple results is pretty impressive. Keeps the wet concrete most of the time, keeps the angle of things correct for where they photo was taken, lighting is correct.

I then erased the bottom portion of the concrete and asked it for "deep dark hole to the center of the earth"

Asked it for "a high performance sports bike"

Convert to wireframe render

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 7, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
weee!!! hajime sorayama and h.r. giger, metadata intact, using sd 1.4

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 12, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It keeps giving Bush the deal with it sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I've noticed if you don't get stopped right at submission if the algorithm figures out halfway your prompt may be problematic it'll throw the blowfish error at you.