Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I said this is another thread discussing this but I think it's worth repeating here:

The more I see of this the more I am convinced the next decade or so is not going to be anything like I expected it to. Things are about to get real weird and real wild. This will go way beyond the level of change even the internet introduced, and much faster too.

Like I don't think anybody can anticipate just how much change we are about to experience, nor can we know whether it will be positive or negative until it's already happened. That kitchen robot is wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That kitchen robot's idea of cleaning a spill is to place a sponge on top of it

Tell me you don't understand the complexity needed to make it do that without telling me...

Like they didn't explicitly program each step which would be relatively trivial it parsed it out in the same way a human would and took correct action.