Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

(*) mouse acceleration. keeps turning itself back on

(*) smooth scrolling. keeps turning itself back on

(*) disable file extensions. keeps turning itself back on

mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s probablt because you left your full name (crack-rear end) off your resume

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Cowabunga posted:

our HR intranet portal has a “link your LinkedIn profile” on it and I refuse to use it.

it seems to scrape the profile and puts the LinkedIn photo/name as your email and other profile photos.

a guy I worked with had a trash LinkedIn account that he created to see what LinkedIn was about but ultimately he didn’t use it. But probably because he is a boomer, he thought that it was mandatory to include a LinkedIn to the new hr system. so he linked the trash account.

so he was known as “Big Stiffy” in HR for about a month.

it was surprisingly difficult to get it removed.

in intermediate my nickname was “stiff”, which is ironically because I am actually a bit softie 🥹

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*renames “taxes” to “taxes.csv” to get it send it to someone*

*has no idea it’s gone from “taxes.xls” to “taxes.csv.xls”*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

low-hanging fruit. try harder, friend

lol yes commander yospos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:tipshat:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InternetOfTwinks posted:

The "recycle bin" was a mistake, file managers should at least have a "Actually Delete This" option as well

I didn't realise that deleting emails in our work email just put them in the trash and so didnt actually give me more room, and then it got too full and emails, of prescriptions mind you, bounced

so I missed a couple. not really a big deal but gently caress, making me go into the web app to *really* delete the deleted emails is.. a bit poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you gotta do it per drive