Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
low-hanging fruit. try harder, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

lol yes commander yospos

a nice reactionary response. well done

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Theoretically there are media queries for device type but I don't think I've ever seen them used properly.

its all either just user-agent strings, or a combo of user-agent, accept-encoding and a couple of others

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
geoip databases are basically manually curated when you get down to it. its funny that both geoip and bgp, the two definining forces in 'how the internet works' are all basically some scripts that deal with the easy 90% and manual work by burnt out network engineers for the last 10

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
those embeds are literally noise to me that bounced off my skull like 5.56 rounds glancing off an armored tank. i recognize they appeared, but i still have no idea what they are trying to communicate

one big problem that all these 3.0 tech dorks have is that they don't know how to word their ideas in a way that is in any way shape or form understandable to ppl that don't log on and post Gm :) in 3,271 crypto discords bc if you dont do that you are a NGMI loser normie