Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miss Broccoli posted:

This is a minor point that doesn't change anything else. Koos has a problem with transgender people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jeff cares more about the feelings of FYAD posters than he does trans posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

Everyone clearly engaging in it was permabanned or threadbanned regardless.

And you were against all of those decisions. At best you gave slaps on the wrist and you said the threadbanned person should have been able to troll for awhile longer before they got too annoying for you. Don't try and take an admin's decision over your head as your own.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

I'm not referring to Colonel Cool, who I don't believe was engaging in transphobia, but Internaut!, who I threadbanned myself.

Internaut! was saying the exact same things Colonel Cool was, that "biological males have no business competing athletically against biological females", CC's entire argument was that trans women have an advantage (that they could never actually point to and could only vaguely reference but had no actual evidence to support despite being asked multiple times).

You have a massive blindspot for any sort of transphobia that isn't explicit and I'm not going to speculate as to why but the fact that you are is obvious to nearly every trans poster in this subforum and to posters at large.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
D&D ostensibly has mods other than Koos but none of them felt like they were allowed to do anything about rampant transphobia that he ignored for days. Maybe Koos should just be a normal mod and not "head mod"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jaxyon posted:

The other mods removed Sharkie's "eat poo poo" thread so quick that Koos claims to not even have realized it existed.

Maybe we should axe all current mods and install good ones?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

I don't believe I ever told any of the other mods not to moderate that thread.

So why didn't they?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

some plague rats posted:

Right, because when members of the minority you're speaking for say "hey, can you please stop infantilizing me" the correct ally response is to pull out the loving dictionary and accuse them of doing a ben shapiro

There's also people who are in that group saying "hey we don't want that poo poo here". Quite a few of them, in fact.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

some plague rats posted:

There's plenty of others trans posters here, of any of them come along and say "actually I want jaxyon to speak for us and I like how he's doing it" then sure I'll revise my objection

I'm a trans poster and I'm saying that.

E:

I don't want them speaking for us but I agree with what they're saying.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

The opposite is true. In the trans athlete thread I moderated people who were upset about transphobia and potential transphobia to a much more lenient degree than normal, because it is such a highly charged and personal topic that some slack could be given when getting heated about it.

You gave people who called transphobes transphobes 12 hours or more because they didn't follow :decorum: and the transphobes they were calling out sixers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

The transphobes were permabanned and threadbanned with a longer probie than that, respectively.

A transphobe at best. The other you defended across multiple threads and continue to defend.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

some plague rats posted:

Aginor and Trollologist were both ban+30d by a d&d mod and then permabanned?

Was that D&D mod Koos?

E:

How many probes calling those two assholes came from Koos?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

I was involved in bringing Aginor to the admins' attention. I actually don't remember who Trollologist was. Maybe I'm mixing up them and Internaut!.

How many placeholders did you give him?

E:

some plague rats posted:

Does it matter as long as it got done? Moderation is a team effort, isn't it?

yes, actually, it does matter when the issue is one mod giving transphobes an infinite benefit of the doubt.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 25, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

Again, I don't remember

Dang, maybe D&D should have mods that care enough to remember things that happened in the very recent past.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

while Koos could answer these questions by googling up trollologist's rapsheet, so could... you?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=161325

placeholdered a day before perma by fritz, for a day

I didn't follow the thread saga all that closely but iirc mod conspiracy response was reasonably prompt on the two ultimately permabanned folks

Placeholder by a completely different mod. Koos gave him a probe something like two weeks prior. So Koos had nothing to do with his perma.

E:

Sorry, I did the research and Koos' probe was two months prior, not two weeks. I apologize for my poor detective work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

Yep, looks like it was one of my other mods after I'd gone to bed. So that provides some information for the person earlier who was wondering about my mods acting in that thread rather than me.

Do you sleep 23 hours a day or something? They didn't just make the one post.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The conclusion I have is that you don't care all that much about trans people and do care very much about D&D being a place where anyone can say anything they want so long as they make it "debatable" and I would like to point to your own posts saying that you do want people to post things that are heinous so that we can do the emotional labor of rebutting those repugnant views.

VVVV

What they said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koos Group posted:

As I said, I'm reconsidering moderating positions. The question I'll probably leave the thread on is how exactly to do it. What positions (or how to determine them), how to mitigate other factors this creates like insinuations, interrogations, and false positives; and so on.

Thank goodness you're going to maybe possibly reconsider how much bigotry is too much. Gonna give it a really thunking.