Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Koos Group posted:

• Given the frequent complaints about its quality and high number of reports generated, is there anything you'd recommend to improve the US Current Events thread?

One thing I did previously enjoy and think should be brought back in the US CE thread is encouraging a single topic that keeps going on for pages/days to be spun off into separate threads. The reason I like this is that if I'm quick scrolling through the posts, especially when it's a lot of slapfights/tedious posts, it makes it a lot harder to find posts about newer topics/events. An easy example of this was how long the Disney/who's at fault/corporate influence topic seemed to drag on for.

Another thing would be to maybe make a rule against pivoting away too much from a specific topic? It might be hard to determine that threshold, but I feel like a lot of topics end up going back to the same old dems bad/dems good slapfights (of which, admittedly, I partake in sometimes).

Koos Group posted:

• How do you feel about my flagship policy of moderating argument quality and how well something encourages discussion rather than the position someone is taking?

Overall I think it's been working out well. Thank you very much for this improvement!

The one thing that could be improved is maybe lowering the threshold of bad faith posting, especially when it comes to topics that tend to bring out a lot of bigots. I don't really know if there's a formulaic way to lower that threshold, but I felt like probes should have happened a little sooner in that trans athlete thread.

E: Bringing back ramped probations for frequent offenders would be great as well.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Jaxyon posted:

Absolutely incredible watching posters who are rightfully upset about the shitshow that was the moderation in my transgender athletics thread getting insta-probed while "have you considered that maybe transgender people are too safe" guy is just sitting there.

Just absolutely unreal.

PS GEE DOES LETS CHECK THE loving RAP SHEET AND SEE WHAT IS IN THERE I HOPE IT'S NOT TRANSPHOBIA

OH drat WELL MAYBE IT'S IRONIC BECAUSE IF YOU SAY YOUR BIGOTRY IS IRONIC IT'S 100% COOL

gently caress you and gently caress you for the probation I'm about to get because I'm mad about bigotry instead of politely posting bigotry you unreal fuckfaces

Why are you misgendering Colonel Cool?