Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Current events is still literally an echo chamber that is basically Dems suck 24/7 or Dems are the fault of everything bad cheerleading. Anything that's current discussion gets drowned out by the exact same argument in a matter of a few posts, and it objectively is worse then it was before because it's even less focused on what's actually going on but instead focused on screaming loudly that *insert thing* is the fault of the libs for not doing *totally unrelated thing*

Someone else said it but the push of uspol to cccc didn't happen, it literally just came right back here and is still the same scream about ideology that isnt useful or constructive, especially when you personally keep probing the same people almost daily for the same kind of posts koos.

Oh and the trans athlete thread debacle never should have happened, the idea that we need bigoted opinions or they are valued in anyway is disgusting. We don't need both sides in dnd on everything and it absolutely does not encompass LGBT. We wouldn't let outright Nazis or people saying that slavery should come back so that *insert minority* is put in their place to post here, let alone on sa. The idea that we should allow outright toxic opinions is both wrong and causes nothing but problems, and will lead to us attracting even worse people pushing boundaries because of it.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Can we literally not get a loving cspam derail in here because nothing productive will happen from it. DND is not cspam, dnd mods have no power in cspam and bringing it up will just lead to endless circlejerks that drown out everything and lead to koos closing the thread because everyone checks out while screaming past each other posters come in

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

some plague rats posted:

Not sure about this idea, actually. Seems like bringing in a trans person specifically to act as as Arbiter of Transphobia is going to put them between the devil and the deep blue sea where they'll have to try and judge intent and either err on the side of caution and smack everything, becoming known as a bully and a crybaby who's stifling debate or let stuff slide and have people shrieking at them why did you allow this, you're not taking things seriously, doing real world harm, asking are you Blair White, etc

You know what I've changed my mind, that sounds hilarious. I volunteer

The main issue I see having a trans mod or IK, is that there still is a fairly vocal group that would absolutely love to then attempt to dox them because they are trans. That would be my concern if I was asked to be a mod and I'm not trans. And we already have had several trans goons doxxed before by kiwifarms and harrassed, personally I would like to have someone familiar if we could.

edit: look that fucker is a goddamn troll and hes doing the just asking question poo poo still.

There is absolutely no room for debate on SA on if its ok to debate if trans folk have a right to exist, be open, and be safe and be who they are. Anyone that has an issue with that needs to be removed from this goddamn site and its one thing that I do feel fluffdaddy handled right by slamming people for it. Theres no reason that it needs debated or heaven forbid needs jeff to sign off, just loving slam a perma button and ask later

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 24, 2022

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rob Filter posted:

Which poster are you talking about here?

not SPR but yes context is important, I meant the transphobe that wants dnd to be ok to debate if its ok for a trans person to exist