Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
For any of the complaints I have currently, they exist in the context of having to acknowledge that D&D has ultimately never been better moderated or managed than it is now, across the entire length of time i've been active or semi-active. some functional or cohesive improvement strategy exists in ... uh, end-user form.

The current problems and complaints cropping up seem to me to be a "breaking upwards" trend, one where a new and less dysfunctional management standard is applied and alleviates the previous baseline dysfunctionality, but a new less dysfunctional standard is still different, so it creates new and different (but less pressing or bad) complications to be complained about, so even if things are being improved overall, it can still feel depressingly "same poo poo as usual" from the ground level.

Some of my previous feedback still feels relevant and suggests that for places which are still crawling with insufferability, the solution is that you ultimately have to just ... remove people. The inertia of "a perennial waterfall of sixers" evidently doesn't work for a place that needs the same level of attention that USCE does. You could test out a process where USCE gets regular seasonal purges and specific posters will get benched for the remainder of that season's USCE, but can resume as usual when we hit next season's CE. Pluck a few people out and see if things improve, and how they improve. Compare it against the default condition it returns to when the seasons change. If it takes too much work to do something like that, lower the effort threshold for just making a poster a not-poster in the areas which obviously need more not-posters. Is it difficult or mentally exhausting for a mod to do presently? I can't tell you from the outside, but it probably needs to be less that.

There's other issues that aren't really a D&D problem but more just a condition that SA on a site-level management level appears genuinely to have no idea what to do with CSPAM and there's a lot of lag in understanding what it's morphed into over time. while it can be pretty actually hilarious when we're not watching things like entire subforums enacting 'mention not the name of the beast' trepidation as a protective compensatory policy, that's super not a D&D question and not something that is specific for D&D moderation to address. It's out of scope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
there's got to be a klingon word for the blood moderation feedback ritual