Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Moderation is pretty fair overall. What we have is unquestionably preferable to an unmoderated space, and whatever problems we have here, I don't think they're really related to the moderation.

I would like it if moderation was a little more proactive. Like, a lot of those situations where 80% of USCE thread regulars end up on probation could've been avoided if one or two probes had been handed out a bit faster. But I recognize that this is a volunteer thing, and that only so much can be expected.

But Upgrade mentioned something that I want to emphasize...

Upgrade posted:

And I'll leave with this: if you want D&D to be different, you're going to need to create an environment which new and different people actually want to post in, not just change the way in which you moderate the same people who posted under every other previous moderation scheme.
What I mostly want in D&D, and especially USCE, is more people posting.

So as you take the suggestions in this thread, bear in mind that those are the suggestions of people who already post here, and therefore can be assumed to enjoy it on some level, no matter how much we might like to complain about this or that.

I think this is important to consider as US elections approach and we move into the "political season," and more posters from other subforums find themselves drifting into D&D. The moderation should be based around making their experience as positive as possible, because that's how we get more people posting, which should lead to richer and less repetitive discussion. I realize that this site doesn't really have an exploding user base to say the least, but I think D&D can appeal to a lot more SA users than it currently does.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU